Room Size

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Room Size

Postby GA_Drummer on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:21 pm

Is there any way of making the actual matchmaker room any Larger? Or maybe a way to size the matchmaker room individually. Im using a widescreen monitor and with the higher resolution these days, the room looks tiny. Just something I think would make the experience here better. Currently the layout of both this room and LinksLobby is rather small, and if there were a way to resize it, it would make it a lot better. Also just another suggestion.... If you could make what a person types in chat appear next to his name rather than underneath, it would make chat easier to follow. For Example: Drummer: Hey Guys, want a match? I like the size of the chat room here much better than LinksLobby, there it is way to small. Also reading chat on top of that picture makes it even harder at times. The layout here is better, just wish it were larger is all :)

Thanks Guys,

Phil
GA_Drummer

Postby tiger on Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:32 pm

did u solve the problem of directPlay in Linkslobby?...I read you can now join in matchmaker, can you host already?
Fernando
tiger

Postby GA_Drummer on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:50 am

Yes I did. I can now Host and Join.
GA_Drummer

Postby tiger on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:43 pm

I also have the same problem you had, i.e. the DirectPlay error... I have been following your posts here and at the linkslobby, hoping you would find a solution. Now it seems you are out of the woods. As you did, I also asked Mark for the new launcher and He also told me you installed a .dll file at the LinksLobby folder, but after these two things I still have the DirectPlay error.
Could you share with me any other thing you did that I'm not aware of? To startwithlet me tell you that I have the version 1,0,0,1 launcher and the mfc71.dll file version is 7.10.3077.0
Thanks in advance for any help
Fernando
tiger

Postby GA_Drummer on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:20 pm

tiger wrote:drummer you are a bigger asshole than I will ever be...and believe me, I do work hard on it
Fernando

Yes I know you have been following it Fernando, also know that I have not appreciated any of your comments towards me. The above one was NOT the only negative one made by you. But to show you that I am a nice guy I'll let you know what I did to fix it. My PC had been zapped in a storm, I dont know if that is what corrupted a certain file or not but it fried something on my motherboard. I have since gotten that motherboard back, I was on a temporary one. The other day I rebuilt the PC back with the motherboard I used to have (they sent me a replacement since it was covered under warranty). After rebuilding it I formatted the hard drives and started over fresh and now everything seems to work just fine.

Good Luck to you and stop with the name calling. My best advice to you is to try and format your PC, it should clear things up.

Phil
GA_Drummer

Postby tiger on Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:38 pm

Thanks for the answer
I just reformated my pc and still have the same problem...I guess I'll just wait till I buy a new pc, this one is already pretty old, pentium II-400.
In the mean time I'll just try to find another hobby.
thanks again and have a nice life buddy
Fernando
tiger

Return to Talk About It