Mod Reminder

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby KCJammer on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:05 am

FDS_Catherine wrote:
Is it only me, but whenever I read that my mind suddenly had visions of ageing bald-headed men, wandering aimlessly backwards and forwards, around a room with white padded cushioning on the walls.

KCJammer

Young

Postby MasterMontgomery on Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:41 pm

We did a poll several years back on our ages.
And if i recall the average was in the 30's. Of course this
was players and not just posters.

So i imagine terrell is right about 50 and up being the average for posters.

And catherine some of us do still have hair lol

Doug 8) :wink:
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Westview on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:18 pm

I remember that poll. If I remember correctly, the oldest member is war veteran Sonny from Texas. Can't remember his exact age, but I know he's in his 80's.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Grant_M on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:27 pm

There was a similar pole at Linkscorner last year as well.....if i recall correctly, the average age of those who replied was somewhere around 45. man we ARE a bunch of old dusters :)
Grant_M

Postby Crissy on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:35 am

I am 10733 days old sounds better then 29 years old. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Postby LH13241 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:20 am

Crissy wrote:I am 10733 days old sounds better then 29 years old. lol

Crissy

No wonder you're so argumentative, you're still a kid................ :lol: :lol:

Hi Crissy :lol:
LH13241

Postby Westview on Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:26 am

Crissy

I think that makes you the baby here Crissy.
Maybe we should call you baby Crissy, or just "Baby". :wink:

Long time Links member Jim Armstrong has a web page with photo's of our Links Tour members. Whenever a new member joined the tour, he/she would send Jim a photo of themself and Jim would add it to the page. Not sure if the site is still up though, I lost the link.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby SuzieQ on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 am

Long time Links member Jim Armstrong has a web page with photo's of our Links Tour members. Whenever a new member joined the tour, he/she would send Jim a photo of themself and Jim would add it to the page. Not sure if the site is still up though, I lost the link.

I think Jim needs to update his page as a lot of players have moved on or have changed their playing name. Maybe he is waiting for the new season to start to see who is going to be whom. :wink:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/linksmembers/
SuzieQ

Postby Crissy on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:05 pm

LH13241 wrote:

Crissy

No wonder you're so argumentative, you're still a kid................ :lol: :lol:

Hi Crissy :lol:

Children are argumentative, thats me. lol

Westview wrote:

Crissy

I think that makes you the baby here Crissy.
Maybe we should call you baby Crissy, or just "Baby". :wink:

Well I sure act like a baby sometimes, I will admit that. You need one baby in every forum though. lol
Crissy

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:16 pm

while i am certifiably old (61), and have the usual thinning hair for my age, it is still hanging well below my shoulders (ask DC). so C's crazed balding old guy scenario doesn't completely fit in my case. but that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of hip old bald guys either. lw

_________
Last edited by Larry_Warrilow on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Crissy on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:50 pm

Golfindad and I played 100-s and 100-s of people from all over the world for about two years online, just about everyday. And when we started I was about 25 then and he was 65, he was the nicest person and the best pard anyone could ask for. I would much rather play with older people then younger ones as they are most times the nicest and most polite of people.

Crissy
Crissy

Re: Mod Reminder

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:47 am

DennisHarris wrote:Do not forget to switch to your mod ani. I forgot and had only a Driver and a LW to play the round. Needless to say I ended the round on the first tee. LOL!

Not that I play the Mod very often..... might that be the very problem. :lol: I know, I know .... I'm a (censered).

Make a new player and put MOD_ at the front (i.e. MOD_DennisHarris), it works for me and with those senior moments which seem to occur more frequently each passing week, it's a definite necessity.

Don't let one small brain (f)art spoil your sense of adventure. Try the Christmas Open (ends Sunday so hurry), four rounds at B/F/F on those courses would certainly qualify as an adventure :shock: - but not impossible as -32 is the leading score and half the field is under par.

I'm playing both 1.05 and 1.06 and I've found playing one hardly affects playing the other. It's the same game only with faster greens and a little distance off the tee. The ball reaction when it hits the green is far more realistic than the yo yo effect you get with 1.05. I like the way the ball hits and releases on the faster 1.06 greens, just like you see IRL.

Jump back in there pard, it doesn't mean anything anyway, all in fun. 8)

My apologies, I didn't mean to hijack this thread by addressing the concern(s) of the original poster. *

* Yes.....yes I did. :P
HTP_ErnieB

Postby DennisHarris on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:40 am

Ernie I had my ani marked as mod. LOL! I was in a hurry one day, so I used my MOD ani to play in a champ funner or something like that. Naturally Club lengths automatically changed back to the original (non-mod) lengths and I forgot to change lengths back before I started the Mod event. Therefore I had only a select few clubs to play the MOD event and stopped.

By the way I did fix the club lengths and then played the mod event.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Previous

Return to Talk About It