Kapalua Plantation 2007

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:34 am

terrell wrote:i know, ernie. i almost agree with you. but i can't let something so blatantly dishonest, and particularly when someone tries to tell me something's black when it's white, go. if they had called a spade a spade up front, i would never have had a problem with it. it's simply outside the realm of possibilities i can suddenly develop a sheep mentality.

Baaaaaaah. Baaaaaah. You can justify those who understand the real truth by means of belittlement if it makes you feel any better. It's a fairly typical and predictable response among the "entitlement" crowd. But the truth is plain and obvious and most people understand this in spite of a very vocal minority who will, apparently, never understand.

In a nutshell, and once again this is being beaten to death, APCD-courses.com is a privately funded website which, among many other services, freely allows many gigabites of download bandwith to anyone who chooses to pay a subscription to the site - and I have availed myself of this service on many occasions. The advantage of downloading from APCD-courses is no waiting in line as is sometimes the case at Fileplanet, faster downloads (nearly four times faster than FP on average for me), and the chance to be among the first to get new releases. This is akin to going to the movies for a premiere showing @ $20 - $40 (or more depending on how much popcorn you eat) as opposed to waiting until is it available on the Wal-Mart $9.99 DVD rack, or on cable or even (ugh) network television.

The subscription is the same for you me or anyone else who pays for a monthly internet connection, pays for their legal software, and pays for their computer. Nearly all of us squander far more than that every month dining out or renting movies or smoking cigarettes, or buying name brand items instead of generic, etc etc etc. I have never heard of them refusing money from anyone, so in this sense, access is universally available to all. If they did (refuse to take ones' money), they must have had very good reason (i.e. hacker, trouble-maker...).

Were it not for these labours of love, we'd all be (p)issing and moaning at the "T-word" site now wouldn't we? :lol:

This has been an uncompensated endorsement of APCD-courses.com, as all of my previous endorsements of sites which greatly benefit the Links Golf Sim Community.
HTP_ErnieB

Postby LH13241 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:18 am

Couldn't of said it better ErnieB

LH
LH13241

Postby terrell on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:01 pm

really amazing you're just not getting it, ernie. mick, andrew, lh, etc, are being coy, deceitful, wink wink, nod nod, sort of thing. but i would think you're more of the honest, tell it like it is, crowd. i'm really amazed you're being bs'ed, but aren't realizing it. i can't imagine you buying into insulting honest folks' intelligence.

there is no 'entitlement' crowd. where the h e l l does that come from? peeps like lh are easily fed the company line and believe what they're told without question. but you're much more of a free spirit (but i guess that's indicative of free spirits, we don't always think the same way). no one's asking for anything for free. but we get a little insulted when we're fed a line of c r a p.

LH13241 wrote:Couldn't of said it better ErnieB

lol. you haven't had an original thought to date, lh. so why should any of ernie's thoughts be off limits?
terrell

Postby LH13241 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:56 pm

terrell wrote:really amazing you're just not getting it, ernie. mick, andrew, lh, etc, are being coy, deceitful, wink wink, nod nod, sort of thing. but i would think you're more of the honest, tell it like it is, crowd. i'm really amazed you're being bs'ed, but aren't realizing it. i can't imagine you buying into insulting honest folks' intelligence.

there is no 'entitlement' crowd. where the h e l l does that come from? peeps like lh are easily fed the company line and believe what they're told without question. but you're much more of a free spirit (but i guess that's indicative of free spirits, we don't always think the same way). no one's asking for anything for free. but we get a little insulted when we're fed a line of c r a p.

LH13241 wrote:Couldn't of said it better ErnieB

lol. you haven't had an original thought to date, lh. so why should any of ernie's thoughts be off limits?

Terrell, you know you shouldn't drink and write.. :lol:
When you do, BS spills out of your keyboard.. :lol:

I ain't fed nothing from nobody, it's called "Common Sense"
And nobody is insulting honest folks' intelligence nor feeding crap
If you think you are, than take a step back and analyze the situation
That is, if you can

LH
LH13241

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:20 pm

I was going to add a witty retort, about hens clucking at each other in a farm-yard. But I will not.

If some people want to pay to play a course a few weeks before everyone else, or to get other items, like [censored] or custom clubs, then let them. ( I wouldn't, but thats just me. )

This is what makes us all unique, and a cut above our four-legged friends. ( We have the mental capacity, as humans, to make choices. There are times, people will not agree on the choices being made. This applies for both sides, no matter what the choices are. But we have the right, whether they are right or wrong, to ultimately decide for ourselves what we do. )

The end.............

And they all lived happily ever after. ( Well sort of ) ;)
FDS_Catherine

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:22 pm

I find it really hard to believe, that the word a.n.i.s is censored. As this is the player model.

Really silly choice of censorship if you ask me.
FDS_Catherine

Postby terrell on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:34 pm

@catherine

you are totally correct. back around page 5 of the linkscorner thread, i decided the entire issue was a pointless excercise in futility. i never voiced my opinion in that thread because everything that needed to be said was said many times over, and there was nothing i could add. there were the liars, or those trying to justify their actions to themselves. there were the easily manipulated (lh). there were the pragmatists who recognize things as they really are.

then they showed up here. if you're going to lie to me, and expect me to believe it, more power to you. but if you come to my house lying, and i call you a liar, expect to keep getting smacked (lh won't get any of this. perhaps catherine can explain it to him in abc form sometime).

FDS_Catherine wrote:I find it really hard to believe, that the word a.n.i.s is censored. As this is the player model.

Really silly choice of censorship if you ask me.

totally agree. but mark chose a canned filter set that doesn't make intellectual choices. he asked me to start a thread on it once, and he'd take a look at words like a n i s, but it never got off the ground. too many sensitive types that liked the filter just the way it is.
Last edited by terrell on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terrell

Postby Rehit on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:34 pm

i cannot believe this is never ending.
thousand of hours went into the Kapalua upgrade, including the designer actually going to play the coure IRL...
our entire site is only possible due to the subscriptions.
the subscribers deserve some percs for their $1.66/month...
(griping about $1.66/mo. = pitiful)
the MS upgrades are all going to be exclusive for one month.
Andrew decided to reduce this time to 2 weeks on the Kapalua file so that people who are not subscribers would have the course to play along with the pros at the Mercedes.
even this act will go unnoticed by those who feel they are entitled to everything.
some people are just wasting good oxygen.
they are given things for free, but because they may have had to wait 2 weeks, they complain.
it took longer to mesh the bunkers than they had to wait...
Rehit

Postby terrell on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:47 pm

holy crap, mick, you cannot possibly be THAT thick. NO ONE is asking for anything for free. what part of that is being lost on you? yes, i agree, there are zombies here that think apcd courses should be free. but they think access software, ms, and the game itself should be free. that's NOT what i'm saying. i'm saying I D O N T W A N T T O J O I N Y O U R S I T E. sheeesh. it's just mind boggling that you don't understand that.

as i've said. i'll pay you via paypal on a per course basis if you like. i'll pay the apcd designers via paypal on a per course basis. i'll pay links corner on a per course basis. but the simple fact is, i've downloaded kapalua plantation 2007 now, i've played it one time, and unless it gets played on the lspn tour, i won't look at it again. d a m n, take a frelling pill, or whatever you gotta do to wake up.
terrell

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:54 pm

Thanks T. I really do not mind the filter at all. I just found the masking of said word odd. ( I'll just have to get used to it. A bit like drinking Tequilla without the salt. ;) )

Mick. I really do appreciate what you lot do at your site. I know only to well the huge costs involved, and I for one have a huge respect for all involved.

Listen everyone, does it really matter who does what. Just be gratefull, that we have places like APCD, for if we did not. Then this game would have went the same way as the Dodo. ( For those of you not familiar with this bird. It was a flightless bird which went extinct. )

Lets all kiss and make up..... I promise I will not video it and send it into You-Tube.
FDS_Catherine

Postby Rehit on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:57 pm

sorry bud...
my reply was not aimed at you.
it was just a general observation.
if you do not wish to participate at apcd-courses.com, that is surely your right, and i would not have it any other way.
i would think David and Mark at some point will allow the use of these upgrades on their tour.
if not, there are many other tours, including ours that will.
our mission is to improve the quality of courses available, and to improve the game itself in anyway we can.
sponsored support of an aging PC game may go by the wayside oneday.
we are just another resource...
Happy New Year Bud
i did not mean to offend you.

Mick
Rehit

Postby KCJammer on Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:40 pm

FDS_Catherine wrote:
I promise I will not video it and send it into You-Tube.

Oh nooooo! Orb? Is that you??? :lol:
KCJammer

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:15 pm

terrell wrote:really amazing you're just not getting it, ernie. mick, andrew, lh, etc, are being coy, deceitful, wink wink, nod nod, sort of thing. but i would think you're more of the honest, tell it like it is, crowd. i'm really amazed you're being bs'ed, but aren't realizing it. i can't imagine you buying into insulting honest folks' intelligence.

I do tell it like it is T. Lots of people don't like it when I do either bahahahahaha. There was a brief time when I also believed as you do, but I know now that I was absolutely wrong and a little embarassed that I would even think such things about good people and frankly, it disturbs me to see you still feel this way.

Just because HT may only be legally distributed from one outlet does not exclude anyone (who isn't already banned from the site for other reasons) from having access to it.

The fact the site charges $1.66 per month for unlimited and unimpeded downloading is completely irrelevant.

Any designer may stipulate in their EULA how and where his/her course may or may not be distributed.

So, originally HT was to be distributed everywhere (after the initial exclusive release to APCD-courses.com subscribers), then before final release this changed. So what?

That's the choice of the designer and certainly no reason to call some people liars and an even greater number of people mindless sheep. Frankly, that level of personal attack IMO is far beneath you even if you think it isn't.

On a side note, try using an apostrophe for posting about ani's, that way the cybernanny won't be such an (a)nus/(a)nis and censor your words.

LOLing @ the cybernanny because (a)nis is a liqueur
HTP_ErnieB

Postby terrell on Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:40 pm

HTP_ErnieB wrote:That's the choice of the designer and certainly no reason to call some people liars and an even greater number of people mindless sheep. Frankly, that level of personal attack IMO is far beneath you even if you think it isn't.

now why couldn't the whole situation have been explained as a payment for bandwidth in the beginning? it wasn't. there was a lot of lying going on. or peeps making incorrect statements they didn't realize were incorrect. or they did realize was incorrect/deceptive. and there were peeps that had no idea, but were going along with whatever they were told to believe. if you're a lying stack of *@(!, take it like a man/woman/child (whatever you wanna be). if you're a mindless droid simply copying/pasting what others say, you deserve to be acknowledged.

i respect peeps with opinions, don't hafta sync with mine. i don't respect peeps paraphrasing others, when they got no idea.
terrell

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:47 pm

terrell wrote:now why couldn't the whole situation have been explained as a payment for bandwidth in the beginning?

:roll: This is certainly not rocket science......

Peace pard, and have a Happy New Year. 8)
HTP_ErnieB

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It