Kapalua Plantation 2007

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Maximus on Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:23 am

FDS_Catherine wrote:I have an idea. Let's all agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

Catherine,

I agree with you.

BTW Catherine, where did the quote in your signature come from? I like it. For some reason it sounded like an ending to a Moody Blues song. :)

"Breathe deep; the gathering gloom.
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right..
..and which is an illusion?"

Max
Maximus

Postby FDS_Catherine on Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:34 am

The quote Max was from a Slayer song called " Dead Skin Mask. " Which in itself was a reference to the serial killer Ed Gein.

Not a happy song. But excellent lyrics nonetheless.
FDS_Catherine

Postby EddieSchmidt on Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:08 am

the fact the Harbor Town is exclusive has nothing to do with me, or apcd-courses.com.
the decision was Eddie's, not mine.

Very TRUE, Mick and APCD courses has taken allot of hits from a small minority but the decision only to upload it to APCD courses was mine and mine only.
EddieSchmidt

Postby Maximus on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:10 am

EddieSchmidt wrote:
the fact the Harbor Town is exclusive has nothing to do with me, or apcd-courses.com.
the decision was Eddie's, not mine.

Very TRUE, Mick and APCD courses has taken allot of hits from a small minority but the decision only to upload it to APCD courses was mine and mine only.

Eddie,

It's my opinion that they are undeserved hits you, rehit and APCD.com have been taking lately. I just wanted to add those screenshots you showed here of Pinehurst #8 looked fantastic. :)

Max
Maximus

Postby Westview on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:51 pm

DennisHarris wrote:Point is I'll purchase any course I might need to play the official LSPN Tour events, otherwise I will not.

+1
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby RR_Desperado on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:08 pm

It`s like it has always been in life, just more choices. The fact that Eddie has his course only at APCD courses and it is only free to paid subscribers of that site tells me that it was simply Eddies way of helping Mogelbasher and Rehit offset some of the considerable costs associated with their site ,and is quite commendable. I think we should get used to this because it wouldn`t surprise me to see more of the top designers taking this tact. If you think about it, 20 bucks membership is very reasonable at APCD.com considering the amount of benefits of membership.
My membership has lapsed and will be rectifying that shortly.
If Eddie had of made this a P2P course, there would have been no complaints. Instead he went this way, foregoing any compensation for himself to help someone else and he gets a ton a flack for his efforts.
Real nice folks !!!
RR_Desperado

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:43 pm

RR_Desperado wrote:It`s like it has always been in life, just more choices. The fact that Eddie has his course only at APCD courses and it is only free to paid subscribers of that site tells me that it was simply Eddies way of helping Mogelbasher and Rehit offset some of the considerable costs associated with their site ,and is quite commendable. I think we should get used to this because it wouldn`t surprise me to see more of the top designers taking this tact. If you think about it, 20 bucks membership is very reasonable at APCD.com considering the amount of benefits of membership.
My membership has lapsed and will be rectifying that shortly.
If Eddie had of made this a P2P course, there would have been no complaints. Instead he went this way, foregoing any compensation for himself to help someone else and he gets a ton a flack for his efforts.
Real nice folks !!!

Good on ya Barry, most people will agree 100% with this posting and to H-E-double hockey sticks what a few vocal birdbrained boneheads have to say about it.
HTP_ErnieB

Postby grim_x on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:20 pm

"Days of Future Past" by the Moody Blues.
Awesome album there Maximus.
Originally released in '67 by Deram.
Re-released in'73, which is when I bought my vinyl copy.
When I got my first cd player in '86, that was one of the first 3 discs I repurchased.
Along with BOC's "Agents of Fortune" Can't think of what the 3rd one was.
grim_x

Postby Maximus on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:43 am

grim_x wrote:"Days of Future Past" by the Moody Blues.
Awesome album there Maximus.
Originally released in '67 by Deram.
Re-released in'73, which is when I bought my vinyl copy.
When I got my first cd player in '86, that was one of the first 3 discs I repurchased.
Along with BOC's "Agents of Fortune" Can't think of what the 3rd one was.

grim_x,

Yes the Moody Blues turned out some great albums back in their day and are still one of my favorite rock bands. I don't think Mobile-Fidelity is in business anymore but they used to release original master recordings of classic albums years ago and "Days of Future Past" was one of their first albums I purchased. That master vinyl recording was one of Mobile-Fidelity's biggest sellers trailing only a few others with the master recording of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" probably coming in at number one. All their albums still sound better than any gold CDs they released in later years. I don't play too many albums these days but the gold master CD of "Days" is loaded up in my CD player right now. :D

Max
Maximus

Previous

Return to Talk About It