I hear Roy Higgi...

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

I hear Roy Higgi...

Postby Roughrider on Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:40 am

...is now the stud over at TW. Could that be true.?
RR
Roughrider

Postby Harpo on Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:24 am

:lol: Roy has been playing ShotOnline with Steve M and a few others from here. Talk about cartoonish. :roll:
Jim
Harpo

Postby Dareaper on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:25 am

Be nice Jim...Roy playing SOL say it isn,t so lmfao
Dareaper

Postby OHNONO on Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:04 am

Id be very surprised if thats true ! .. bout SOL
..... hmm poker ...... maybe ...
O
OHNONO

Postby Harpo on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:47 pm

Go to this site and check the leaderboards. Any of these names ring a bell?

http://www.gamescampus.com/shotonline/r ... p?course=0

_Shagger_
CareyB
Wildcat_2XT
TazDevil
REAP

Don't know what name Roy may be using.

Steve, give him back to us. :cry:
Jim
Harpo

Postby B118C on Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:33 pm

You are right, Jim. Roy is playing there. I had invited him via P.M. to come play in my tourney at Augusta and he wrote me back thanking me for the invite, but that he was playing at the site you mentioned for a change of pace and a new challenge. He even said that the graphics are no where near that of Links, but that the game itself is very challenging and that is what he was needing at this time.
I guess if you are an "A" ranked player of Roy's caliber, always up around the top of every leaderboard, I could see where you might hit an eventual burnout and need something different to challenge you.
Since playing in my 1st created tourney for Links at Augusta and watching my game go south on me with each round I played, I showed myself that I am no where near the caliber of a Roy Higgi. So Links is still a great challenge to me to learn to play better. I've definitely got a ways to go. :)
I will say this, though, I wanted to create a "challenging" venue at Augusta, elite level, and from the majority of the scores on that leaderboard, I can honestly say it was a great success. Just wish I would have played better myself. :oops:

I do hope and I do think that Roy will eventually return to Links and play on the tour, probably after Mark and Dave get everything they want to do up and running.
Bill
B118C

Postby bogey0 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:01 pm

Keep teasing Roy with tournies like this one and he'll find his way home :)
bogey0

Postby Harpo on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:02 am

Gr8 tounament Bobby. It was a tester.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:04 pm

roy once remarked that the courses themselves were pretty much all the same to him. that would definitely be a reason to try something else. all the new courses that are being (or have been released) are a constant source of interest for me, so in my case, the game hasn't gotten old. it just depends on what floats your boat. some need more challange, some need constant innovation however minute, some need bells and whistles, and some of us are architecture nuts. right now, the architecture nuts have no complaints. lw

______
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Modman1 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:13 pm

Still don't understand why a great player like Roy, who seems to enjoy the challenge just poo-pooed mod play. Not sure anyone has really mastered Champ and Elite play in mod, especially in raw play. Glad to see TJ Wall making the effort, among others (Terrell).
We never have time to do it right, but we always find time to do it over.
Modman1

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:26 pm

alan, so far on this links site, there just haven't been enough events or competition at 1.06 to justify roy changing over from 1.05. hopefully, that will change once the tour becomes fully operational. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:37 pm

AlanR59 wrote:[snip]Glad to see TJ Wall making the effort, among others (Terrell).

lol, kinda pitiful, isn't it? i'm no roy, but we were on the same page of a leaderboard briefly, but it was fun.
terrell

DC

Postby HeavySwinger on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:58 pm

We can't let great players like Roy get away due to boredom. I just played 2 tourneys over at APCD-courses which were challenging and fun using the MOD on new APCD courses. The pin placements are custom chosen and provide a good challenge. I hope you and Mark can get those custom pin settings fixed and get some fresh mod friendly APCD courses loaded soon.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby gibby on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:11 am

Don't think it was boredom, more like frustrated due to connection problems and I don't think he cared for some of the gimmicks in arcade.
More than likely once everything is more stable and tours are up & running he'll be back
gibby

Return to Talk About It