Which club hits vertical shots?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Which club hits vertical shots?

Postby BionicWolf on Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:16 am

I had 2 good (for me) rounds goin' in Barton Creek pro untill I hit between rock wall and OB in the cliffs o' Kauri- 4 inches from the wall and OB 6 inches everywhere else...Rotated untill dizzy and after 43 shots I ended the misery. I have re-Q'd maybe 3-4 times in 8+ years and h.u.n.g head after seeing "No requalifications for this event".
MAN I love this game- :( :cry: sniff sniff-
Keep the fire...and by all means, SHINE ON
BionicWolf

Postby terrell on Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:20 am

small consolation now, bw, but either lw mentioned mark might take a look at, or maybe mark said at some point in time he'd take a look at, modifying drop rules for the game to make them more realistic. unfortunately, it's a fact of life with every computer video game, what you see isn't always how it actually is.
terrell

Postby brokenclub on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:06 pm

I waas in a bunker once and man oh man took like 13 stokes to get out. I feel your pain
brokenclub

Postby BionicWolf on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:15 pm

...and I never quit stu- would've gladly took the 43 for OUT satisfaction-
BionicWolf

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:28 pm

a "return to the previous spot" (stroke and distance penalty) option for unplayable lies would pretty much end Bio's type of problem, but i'd vote for a lateral hazard option first, because it would be used much more often. Bio, could you have putted it out (lol, about 20 six footers) to a more playable spot along the cliff? even that might have been too much to bear, even for me. lw

_________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby BionicWolf on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:18 pm

Ya know LW, I DIDN'T try that...I'd suppose the wall has a beginning or end!-Now I'm gonna have to go back there and try...
Man against the machine (plus great input from alternate minds)=FUN-

EDIT-Tryin' to re-create the 10th hole misery at Kauri was tougher than a w/f/f ace! That little "pouch" at about 8 o' clock facin' the green...SIGH- :roll:
BionicWolf

Return to Talk About It