getting kicked out of game

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

getting kicked out of game

Postby oneputtchris on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:01 am

There must be a way to leave a tournament before completing the 18th hole so it can be resumed later without being 'disqualified', isn't there? A couple of times I've had an emergency to take care of while playing a tournament and when I turn off my computer or leave the game I'm disqualified and must pay a 2 or 6 stroke penalty. Any ideas ??
oneputtchris

Re: getting kicked out of game

Postby terrell on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:13 am

personally, i think it's a time management issue. if you don't think you can finish a round, don't play it. the problem is, you can miss the snap by a mile, but turn off the computer, and you're standing at the tee again. for every legitimate need to go do something else, less scrupulous types try to circumvent the system and cheat.

i think the penalties are a good idea. it makes you think about time management. and it penalizes the unscrupulous types. it's unfortunate, but that's the world in which we live.
terrell

Postby oneputtchris on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:18 am

Hi again Terrel.........When I turn off my computer, I don't get to stand at the tee again, I get DQ'd. Bummer, but I agree penalties are in order for DQ's. It just seems there should be a way to quit a game and resume later.
oneputtchris

Postby terrell on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:25 am

i guess you could simply minimize links, leave it running in the background, and come back later. back when i played on a notebook, i would start a round at home, close the lid, goto a wifi hotspot, and finish the round/tournament. so if it's not absolutely necessary to turn the machine off, there are ways to put a round off until later. (8
terrell

Postby stvn6165 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 pm

terrell wrote:i guess you could simply minimize links, leave it running in the background, and come back later. back when i played on a notebook, i would start a round at home, close the lid, goto a wifi hotspot, and finish the round/tournament. so if it's not absolutely necessary to turn the machine off, there are ways to put a round off until later. (8

T's absolutley correct, but if you don't want to leave your PC on, then just click 'End Game' in game.
When you come back online to the LSPN in-game events window, click on the same event you quit. You get the 'You've been disqualified. Requalify at the Tour homepage' message window.

Look down in the in-game events page window, and click 'Visit the Tour Website' link. It takes you to the current events page.
Look at your current events, there should be a Requalify link under the event you quit.
If the event setter allows Requalifies, you're good to go.
I've never had any problems doing this in the LSPN events btw. I've done it a gazillion times... :lol:
stvn6165

Postby oneputtchris on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:46 am

But when you ;requalify aren't you penalized 2 strokes?
oneputtchris

Postby stvn6165 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:10 am

oneputtchris wrote:But when you ;requalify aren't you penalized 2 strokes?

Yes, unless the event setter has no penalties set for that particular event.

A 2 stroke penalty isn't too bad to get a re-do, vs. a round 'all for naught' if you were forced to quit late in that round, imo.
stvn6165

Postby JDocBurns on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:55 pm

The LSPN server went down and I am DQ'd? Why do I have to take 2 or 4 strokes cuz of error no of mine?
Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns
http://www.broadjam.com/JimBurns
JDocBurns

Return to Talk About It