that's why they play the games

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:58 pm

usc 9
ucla 13

(lol) that's why they play the games. lw

_________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:00 pm

i only hope this doesn't give michigan another shot. i'd kinda like to see florida play ohio state for the national championship, now that visor boy is gone.
terrell

BCS

Postby TIG_Mark on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:44 pm

I agree, Michigan had their shot, let somebody else play.
TIG_Mark

Postby BruceWallace on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:23 pm

terrell wrote:i only hope this doesn't give michigan another shot. i'd kinda like to see florida play ohio state for the national championship, now that visor boy is gone.

But there can be no way in h-e-l-l that they could rank Florida ahead of Michigan. Ohio and Michigan (#1 and #2) for the title.
BruceWallace

Postby GaryTaylor on Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:51 am

BruceWallace wrote:
terrell wrote:i only hope this doesn't give michigan another shot. i'd kinda like to see florida play ohio state for the national championship, now that visor boy is gone.

But there can be no way in h-e-l-l that they could rank Florida ahead of Michigan. Ohio and Michigan (#1 and #2) for the title.

I have to agree with Bruce here and not because I am bias. (which I am) But if the BCS put Florida into the #2 slot, I believe it throws thier whole BCS ranking system out of whack. Not that I think it ever was a good system......bahahahahaha!!!!!

A good case can be made for both Florida and Michigan and either one is deserving of the Championship game with only 1 loss each. Although Florida should have lost last night. bahahahaha!!!!!

What was that Arkansas player thinking when trying to catch that punt at the end of the 3rd quarter at the goal line!!???

And to say that Michigan had thier chance is pure BS NOT BCS. Michigans only loss was to the #1 team AT the #1 Teams HOME Field and lost by ONLY 3 points!!!!

If Florida does play Ohio it sure ain't going to be a bad game to watch Michigan play USC in the Rose Bowl :mrgreen:
GaryTaylor

Postby gibby on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:22 am

USC- .9460
Mich- .9216
FLA- .8897

Did Fla win give them enough to jump up?
How far does USC drop?
My pick Ohio-Mich
gibby

Postby terrell on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:28 am

personally, i don't like osu, michigan, usc, or florida. but i watched the osu-michigan game, great game, now i'd like to see someone else. and i think usc and michigan would be an interesting game. osu and michigan...again? been there, done that, what's on the other channel?
terrell

Postby Maximus on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:42 am

GaryTaylor wrote:
BruceWallace wrote:

I have to agree with Bruce here and not because I am bias. (which I am) But if the BCS put Florida into the #2 slot, I believe it throws thier whole BCS ranking system out of whack. Not that I think it ever was a good system......bahahahahaha!!!!!

A good case can be made for both Florida and Michigan and either one is deserving of the Championship game with only 1 loss each. Although Florida should have lost last night. bahahahaha!!!!!

What was that Arkansas player thinking when trying to catch that punt at the end of the 3rd quarter at the goal line!!???

And to say that Michigan had thier chance is pure BS NOT BCS. Michigans only loss was to the #1 team AT the #1 Teams HOME Field and lost by ONLY 3 points!!!!

If Florida does play Ohio it sure ain't going to be a bad game to watch Michigan play USC in the Rose Bowl :mrgreen:

Gary,

I'll be more than happy to watch Michigan in the Rose Bowl but I am biased (lol) and want to see Michigan-Ohio State again. Let me throw something else out there which would make for a great debate later on if Michigan wins in a rematch. For argument's sake let's say Michigan get's the nod and beats Ohio State in Glendale. Michigan would therefore be the winner of the "so-called" National Title game but would Michigan really be deserving of claiming they are the National Champs considering they would be 1-1 against Ohio State this year? :wink:

Max
Maximus

Postby sgt_cook on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:39 am

Ah the great debate has begun already. :lol: Unfortunately it will most undoubtedly come down to a popularity contest and the rankings will be skewed to get a match up television likes and crown this years mythical champion. In the future teams without conference title games will have to schedule their last game to coincide with such conference title games just to protect their places in the rankings. And have pity for teams like the Wisconsin Badgers 11-1 and locked out of the BCS because of a rule not allowing more than two teams from any one conference.
sgt_cook

Postby Chip_Jett on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:58 am

The way i see it there is no debate. SEC is a very tough conference. Florida deserves the nod. The only problem i have with Michigans lost to OSU is it was at Ohio State. Homefield adv. is a 3 to 6 pt. diff. between evenly matched teams.
Chip_Jett

Postby Maximus on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:13 am

sgt_cook wrote:And have pity for teams like the Wisconsin Badgers 11-1 and locked out of the BCS because of a rule not allowing more than two teams from any one conference.

sgt,

I didn't know about that BCS rule. What a bummer for the Badgers. I was at the Wisconsin-Michigan game in Ann Arbor and even though we won by 14 Wisconsin looked like a great team. It's too bad they weren't scheduled to play Ohio State this year because I think they would have given the Buckeyes quite a battle too. :)

Max
Maximus

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:53 pm

everybody's going to get to see ohio state and michigan again--next year, during the regular season, (lol) as it should be. lw

Postby terrell on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:35 am

yes! there is a god. and she wants to see florida and ohio state.
terrell

Postby IBHackin on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:55 am

Well it look like the BCS got it right this year. And the question of Conference strength should be settled too, with 4 SEC vs Big Ten Bowl games. Been quite a College Football season.

Go Gators
IBHackin

Postby sgt_cook on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:07 am

politics and more politics. Might as well not have rankings the way they change to suit their ratings needs. Should be some good game though. :wink:
sgt_cook

Next

Return to Talk About It