Home Site Down

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Home Site Down

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:56 am

Hope this is only temporary - Home page not opening - "Stopped due to error" - tried to commence getting to matches and all I get is error - that is game fires up ok - but when connecting get as far as welcome to lspn etc then shuts down
Probably just a Gremlin in the works

CHEERS

TOM
Coopers_PaleAle

Postby terrell on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:13 am

nope. home site's not down, tom. i'd say you deleted the lspn.net cookies somehow, and aren't allowing new to be set. ya might goto your privacy settings in internet explorer (i don't use it, so i can't tell you exactly what to do) and make sure you're allowing cookies for lspn.net.

i have my privacy settings for opera not to allow third party cookies, and lspn.net loads fine. also, i had to allow private header information to be sent within zonealarm. if you've installed a software firewall recently, that could be the culprit.
terrell

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:24 am

Thanks T - but that did,nt work - not sure why? was working earlier today - although I did an AD-Ware scan - and cleaned out a few tracking cookies - but I've done that in the past without any hassles = I'll try for a system restore from yesterday - that might work

CHEERS

TOM
Coopers_PaleAle

Postby terrell on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:47 am

hmmm, before i did a system restore, i'd goto internet explorer (ie7 final), click on tools|internet options|security|trusted sites|sites, and add http://www.lspn.net. you'll also have to uncheck 'require server verification...'.
terrell

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:58 am

Thanks again T - did that - but still getting same message - mmm back to the drawing board

CHEERS

TOM
Coopers_PaleAle

Postby gibby on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:08 am

did you add it to your privacy settings also
forget it I missed it in T's post
gibby

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:09 pm

Still can't get onto Home page - have made it a trusted site etc - History = Created a game and as soon as I had created game next page came up as "Stopped due to error" went back to home page no probs and see that my game had in fact been created - off puter for a while came back to have a game got as far as welcome screen - bang game closes down and states error do I want to send error report to microsoft etc. - that's when I notice can't get into home page "Stopped due to error" - funny thing I tried accessing via lstour.com - was able to login to home page - but alas game crashes as above - tried all of above again - woe is me no luck - so would really appreciate some help on this - I thought about re-loading game but thought that shoud'nt make any difference if I still can't access home page - any thoughts please

CHEERS

TOM
Coopers_PaleAle

Yikes

Postby MasterMontgomery on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:32 pm

Tom
I would say start in safe mode, then to a full scan.
Then go to google and download smit rem and smit fraud fix and run them.
Sounds strange, but it saved me from emcodec.trojan. And i was having
the similar problem.

a last resort
Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:33 pm

Just logged in on Wife's laptop - no problems - so therefore something amiss with my puter - any suggestions please

CHEERS

TOM
Coopers_PaleAle

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:34 pm

Thanks Doug - I'll give anything a go

CHEERS

TOM
Coopers_PaleAle

ns

Postby MasterMontgomery on Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:06 pm

Could be something else but that emcodec went right through
my virus program/
good luck
Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Freefaller on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:29 am

What are your connection settings within the Links game?
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Thanks all for your help - but I've found other errors now - so it's the old reload of windows yet again

CHEERS

TOM
Coopers_PaleAle

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:39 pm

OK - windows reloaded - now comes the fun - updates etc and reloading all my goodies - see you all on the links soon

CHEERS

TOM[/b]
Coopers_PaleAle

Return to Talk About It