Posted on the home page listed in the "Coming Soon" window:

1. Kapalua Plantation Course Very soon
2. Devils Island 2007 Early 2007
3. Prairie Dunes 2007 6 months
4. Congressional 2007 2007
5. Pine Valley When Art has time.
6. Grand Canyon Gorge Apetime
7. Bay Hill 2007 Spring 07

These courses will likely be released first at apcd-courses.com and then released at links corner or elsewhere about two weeks after that.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby terrell on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:55 am

thanks for the heads up, larry. project's lookin' good.
terrell

Re: Interesting news at apcd-courses.com

Postby txTarHeel on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:11 am

HeavySwinger wrote:Posted on the home page listed in the "Coming Soon" window:

1. Kapalua Plantation Course Very soon
2. Devils Island 2007 Early 2007
3. Prairie Dunes 2007 6 months
4. Congressional 2007 2007
5. Pine Valley When Art has time.
6. Grand Canyon Gorge Apetime
7. Bay Hill 2007 Spring 07

These courses will likely be released first at apcd-courses.com and then released at links corner or elsewhere about two weeks after that.

I haven't really been following the forum over at apcd-courses lately. Is there any indication that these new course will indeed be released at Links Corner, etc.? Just curious if we'll see more wailing and gnashing of teeth should any of the MS upgraded courses not be released any where else (like what happened with Harbour Town).
txTarHeel

Postby terrell on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:29 am

txTarHeel wrote:I haven't really been following the forum over at apcd-courses lately. Is there any indication that these new course will indeed be released at Links Corner, etc.? Just curious if we'll see more wailing and gnashing of teeth should any of the MS upgraded courses not be released any where else (like what happened with Harbour Town).

never can tell, tex. rehit might post today that would never happen. then we wake up one morning only to find out ya gotta join apcd-courses for a shot at paying 49.95 for the refurbed courses. everything is pure speculation 'til it happens.
terrell

Postby Harpo on Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:18 pm

terrell wrote:
txTarHeel wrote:I haven't really been following the forum over at apcd-courses lately. Is there any indication that these new course will indeed be released at Links Corner, etc.? Just curious if we'll see more wailing and gnashing of teeth should any of the MS upgraded courses not be released any where else (like what happened with Harbour Town).

never can tell, tex. rehit might post today that would never happen. then we wake up one morning only to find out ya gotta join apcd-courses for a shot at paying 49.95 for the refurbed courses. everything is pure speculation 'til it happens.

I'm glad someone else said that first on both quotes. I don't see how that could happen without giving everyone the unlocked course to alter.
Jim
Harpo

Update on Kapalua

Postby HeavySwinger on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:03 pm

Today's post at apcd-courses:

"Kapalua is not posted yet...give me the weekend to make a couple of minor tweaks following my visit and it will be up...A"

and from a post this past summer:

"this course will be exclusive at apcd-courses for one month.
it will then be released at LC."

So Kapalua should come out for all on first week of January 2007.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby EddieSchmidt on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:39 am

I'm glad someone else said that first on both quotes. I don't see how that could happen without giving everyone the unlocked course to alter.

Why would I [or anyone else] put roughly 1,000 hours give or take into building a course then give it "unlocked" for people to alter it :?:
EddieSchmidt

Postby terrell on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:05 am

JimArmstrong wrote:I'm glad someone else said that first on both quotes. I don't see how that could happen without giving everyone the unlocked course to alter.

EddieSchmidt wrote:Why would I [or anyone else] put roughly 1,000 hours give or take into building a course then give it "unlocked" for people to alter it :?:

two completely, totally separate issues, eddie. what i think jim meant, and i agree 100 percent, how could certain individuals be given the keys to legacy microsoft courses and not everyone? then be allowed to charge for their modifications to those files. unless they had some kind of express written consent by the original designer.

in your case (eddie), i agree 100 percent what you do with your creative endeavors is your business. you're creating from scratch, along with some help from apcd, and you're certainly entitled to retain all rights to those labors.

big difference.
terrell

Postby EddieSchmidt on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:48 am

terrell wrote:
JimArmstrong wrote:I'm glad someone else said that first on both quotes. I don't see how that could happen without giving everyone the unlocked course to alter.

EddieSchmidt wrote:Why would I [or anyone else] put roughly 1,000 hours give or take into building a course then give it "unlocked" for people to alter it :?:

two completely, totally separate issues, eddie. what i think jim meant, and i agree 100 percent, how could certain individuals be given the keys to legacy microsoft courses and not everyone? then be allowed to charge for their modifications to those files. unless they had some kind of express written consent by the original designer.

in your case (eddie), i agree 100 percent what you do with your creative endeavors is your business. you're creating from scratch, along with some help from apcd, and you're certainly entitled to retain all rights to those labors.

big difference.

I don't believe they are seperate issues because the original CRZ I used never had work performed on it from Access or Microsoft employees.

I'd say calling these files "modified" is a big misconception by some in the Links community.

I didn't modify anyones work or course and release it.

From what I know,, Andrew used a program to read elevation information from an Access course. The original CRZ file that I used for Harbour Town was not created by Microsoft or Access, nor property of them. Once a course is locked, certain files are removed from the CRZ file and it cannot be used again in APCD.
EddieSchmidt

Postby Bluenoser on Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:08 pm

terrell wrote:how could certain individuals be given the keys to legacy microsoft courses and not everyone? then be allowed to charge for their modifications to those files.

Non of the MS Updates have been charged for, nor will any of the future releases.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby Harpo on Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:08 pm

Eddie, Terrell is corect in assuming that is what I ment. I didn't know that the orignal courses were not given to you and others to modify and inhance. I am sorry I didn't make myself clear on that issue. From a post way back when you guys first started working on these courses that is what it sounded like.
Jim
Harpo

Postby terrell on Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:49 pm

EddieSchmidt wrote:
terrell wrote:

big difference.

I don't believe they are seperate issues because the original CRZ I used never had work performed on it from Access or Microsoft employees.

I'd say calling these files "modified" is a big misconception by some in the Links community.

I didn't modify anyones work or course and release it.

From what I know,, Andrew used a program to read elevation information from an Access course. The original CRZ file that I used for Harbour Town was not created by Microsoft or Access, nor property of them. Once a course is locked, certain files are removed from the CRZ file and it cannot be used again in APCD.

aha! like jim, i am enlightened. since i don't frequent apcd-courses or links corner (except for mailman's posts, he's pretty interesting), that's the first explanation i've read. i stand thoroughly corrected. and i look forward to playing with the fruits of your labors.

BruceM wrote:
terrell wrote:how could certain individuals be given the keys to legacy microsoft courses and not everyone? then be allowed to charge for their modifications to those files.

Non of the MS Updates have been charged for, nor will any of the future releases.

matter of opinion, but that horse has been beat to death.
terrell

Postby Bluenoser on Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:32 pm

terrell wrote:matter of opinion, but that horse has been beat to death.

No, it's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby Harpo on Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:25 pm

But if one got backup copies of these courses before they locked them they could be altered. I'm sure all course builders would do this before they locked them. Like I said before, when the buzz was going around the forum earlier in the year, that's what it sounded like. I believe a lot of us (well at least me) thought that these courses were given to a design team to bring them up to now days standards. It's good to now hear from the horses mouth the true story.
Jim
Harpo

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:59 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:

But if one got backup copies of these courses before they locked them they could be altered. I'm sure all course builders would do this before they locked them. Like I said before, when the buzz was going around the forum earlier in the year, that's what it sounded like. I believe a lot of us (well at least me) thought that these courses were given to a design team to bring them up to now days standards. It's good to now hear from the horses mouth the true story.

I thought the same thing, Jim, until I saw that Eddie wasn't making his "re-make" available to all who played Links. It was apparent then, that he did not use the Access code.
BruceWallace

Next

Return to Talk About It