Players with less than 5 character names or name changes

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

name change

Postby RR_Wopaho on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:07 pm

Thanks for changing my name to RR_Wopaho, Mark has asked me to see if you can change him from pigdog to RR_Wyatt Earp for im, he seems to be having a prob getting in here to do it. He would like his password and stats left as are. Thanks
RR_Wopaho

Re: name change

Postby Bruce Bo on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:21 pm

RR_Wopaho wrote:Thanks for changing my name to RR_Wopaho, Mark has asked me to see if you can change him from pigdog to RR_Wyatt Earp for im, he seems to be having a prob getting in here to do it. He would like his password and stats left as are. Thanks

have him give it a look/try.. let me know
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

change of name to RR_Wyatt Earp

Postby RR_Wopaho on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Mark sent me an e-mail wanting me to see if you can fix his problem. he said that now he cannot join or host a game, gets message file not found when he tries to attempt a down load, also cannot post anything in the forum. Thanks
RR_Wopaho

Re: change of name to RR_Wyatt Earp

Postby Bruce Bo on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:55 pm

RR_Wopaho wrote:Hi Mark sent me an e-mail wanting me to see if you can fix his problem. he said that now he cannot join or host a game, gets message file not found when he tries to attempt a down load, also cannot post anything in the forum. Thanks

hmmm ok. lets do two things.. one i'll reset his account, but while i'm doing that, you post the description of his prob's in the tech forum with regard to hosting (router?) or file not found? when downloading what? please be specific. there are a lot of knowledgeable people there.
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby RR_Wopaho on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:22 pm

Just checked with Mark, he still cannot get into the LSPN lobby or the forum using RR_Wyatt Earp or RR_WyattEarp and his same password
RR_Wopaho

Postby Bruce Bo on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:52 am

RR_Wopaho wrote:Just checked with Mark, he still cannot get into the LSPN lobby or the forum using RR_Wyatt Earp or RR_WyattEarp and his same password

i've emailed Mark (wyatt) lets wait till i hear back from him before i go to the next step
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby TA__BiGRoG on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Can you please change TA_Lama's name to just Lama....he is no longer associated with the team TA

thank You

TA Captain
BiGRoG
TA__BiGRoG

Postby Bruce Bo on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:17 pm

TA__BiGRoG wrote:Can you please change TA_Lama's name to just Lama....he is no longer associated with the team TA

thank You

TA Captain
BiGRoG

well i tried, but it says that user does not exist. maybe i already changed it?
or is the spelling you gave me correct?
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby FixAmer1st on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:20 pm

BruceBo wrote:
TA__BiGRoG wrote:Can you please change TA_Lama's name to just Lama....he is no longer associated with the team TA

thank You

TA Captain
BiGRoG

well i tried, but it says that user does not exist. maybe i already changed it?
or is the spelling you gave me correct?

Doesn't Lama's new name need five characters? Just Lama should not do it according to the Threads header.

Jerry
My apologies for plagiarizing Mel Brooks but "It’s GOOD to Play Links!"
FixAmer1st

Postby TA__BiGRoG on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:24 pm

It's TA_Lama_2k6 you can change it to Lama_2k6 if it needs to be more than 5 characters

Thanks
TA__BiGRoG

Postby Bruce Bo on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:47 pm

TA__BiGRoG wrote:It's TA_Lama_2k6 you can change it to Lama_2k6 if it needs to be more than 5 characters

Thanks

done!~
thanks for follow up
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby SteveFr on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:39 am

I must admit that I'm a little surprised that it appears that a third party can get somone else's login changed without their authorisation and possibly without their knowledge.

If Lama is not aware of this he won't be able to log in to the site or the tour in-game and will have no idea why not. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Steve
SteveFr

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:43 am

totally agree with steve. i would think bigrog should pm/contact lama telling him he should request a name change. give lama an acceptable period to comply, then do it for him.
terrell

Postby TA__BiGRoG on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:51 am

There is something you are missing. Lama has about 500 login names so there will be no way he will not understand what has transpired. Also, he has been asked numerous times to lose the TA jacket from his name since there has been a falling out and he is no longer affiliated with the TA team. Everything was handled the way it should have been but thanks for your concern on a matter you are not involved in.

BTW, Thanks Bruce for taking care of that for me,

RoG
TA__BiGRoG

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:58 am

lol...SteveFr...no worries, RoG is a little obsessed with this as you can see, I have no issue with the TA part being removed. That hasn't been a viable team in about 3 years, and I was about the only one playing any games for them for the last 2 yrs...so it's about time anyway. Thanks for the heads- up though. PS...am I the only one that has more than one login name? If I am, then...delete them all except this one. Thanks.

Paul
LaMa_2k6

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It