Links 2003 celebrating 4 years!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links 2003 celebrating 4 years!

Postby DMOrb on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:17 am

Last edited by DMOrb on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DMOrb

Postby dirt2turf on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:29 am

Nice production Orbster. Happy Holidays !
dirt2turf

Postby bingo on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:21 am

yeah that was good. happy holidays :lol:
bingo

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:22 pm

a great start to my day. loved it. thanx.

picked up my 2K3 in early December 2002. never regreted it. except for the dropping of the real-life videod Ani from the previous version.

Happy Birthday Links.....time for a party huh !

Cheers
rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby DMOrb on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:15 am

Thank you gang. Yeah, a four year celebration of Links 2003 is in order! Where do we go? What shall we wear!? :wink:
DMOrb

Postby lstouradmin on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:22 pm

Another milestone, the Links Tour has been around in some form since September 1997, so we've just recently passed the 9 year mark. Wow!
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby GaryTaylor on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:12 pm

lstouradmin wrote:Another milestone, the Links Tour has been around in some form since September 1997, so we've just recently passed the 9 year mark. Wow!

Yup......... seems like just yesterday we were toddlers calling Access on the phone to pre order the new course that was about to ship. I felt like the biggest kid on the block when the course arrived (very quick service too!) Everytime a new course came out it felt like Christmas all over again staying up until 4am in kali playing this dang game with a bunch more of over the hill kids :mrgreen:
GaryTaylor

Postby DMOrb on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:44 pm

Pretty amazing! I started with msgolf2.0 offline 1997, went to msgolf3.0 in 1998 online until 2000. Then tried several other golf games; in the end, I stayed with Links 2001, then 2003.

I wonder how many hours we have all spent staring at our monitors, only to one day pick up our heads to discover that nearly a decade has past since we all got into online gaming. In a blink of an eye, I went from 43 to 52!!! Yikes! :?
DMOrb

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:27 am

lstouradmin wrote:Another milestone, the Links Tour has been around in some form since September 1997, so we've just recently passed the 9 year mark. Wow!
i can just see it now ----> ppl are counting on their fingers"1998 1999, that's 1, 2, 3, 4, 2002, 6, 7, 8, 2006 ! WOW !!!! yes, 9 years" 8)

Congratulations
:D
Last edited by JackRussellTerror on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:37 am

DMOrb wrote:I wonder how many hours we have all spent staring at our monitors, only to one day pick up our heads to discover that nearly a decade has past since we all got into online gaming. In a blink of an eye, I went from 43 to 52!!! Yikes! :?
Orb, i thought you were going to say........

"I wonder how many hours we have all spent staring at our monitors, only to one day pick up our heads to discover that nearly a decade has past since we discovered the fresh air and sky above outside" LOL (well, it WAS like that here a few years back).

LinksPro386/Micro$oft 2.0 THEN straight into LinksLS '97........and have neverrrr regreted it ! great game, great ppl met online.
:D
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Bluenoser on Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:01 am

Has been a longtime indeed. I remember playing on the original launcher before Access acquired it. Some things have changed (advances in technology, the variety of Tours) and some things haven't (it's still just as much fun as it was back then).

Thanks Mark for the many years of support you've provided to the Links Community.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby DMOrb on Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:36 am

Good point Jack! lol

I know one thing for sure as the years vanished so quickly, my chair kept getting more comfortable every three or four years! lol

Now I sit back in a big comfy well cushioned high-back, to support my old bod as my computer whisks me into the future!

Next time I see sky and fresh air, I'll probably be 62 years old!!! We will all be playing some type of holographic golf "beam me up Scotty!" :lol:
DMOrb

How many GIGs in your Links 2003 folder?

Postby DMOrb on Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:50 am

I thought this might be a fun post to add as a sub-topic since we are traveling down 2k3 memory lane...

When you work your way to the Links 2003 program folder and choose properties; how many gigs does your folder hold after four years of 2k3??

Here's mine:

DMOrb

Re: How many GIGs in your Links 2003 folder?

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:03 pm

DMOrb wrote:When you work your way to the Links 2003 program folder and choose properties; how many gigs does your folder hold after four years of 2k3??

LMHO Orb....

my Links2K3 Folder is 1.06 Gb (ProgramFiles/MicrosoftGames/Links2003). My 6 yo Western Digital HDD total capacity is 14 Gb........half your Links Folder LMHO ! (its a 3GHz PC speed tho).

i only have the courses on my HDD that i am currently using, then i delete them after play. they are stored on CDs. so at any one time, i've only got 3 or 4 courses on my HDD.

Rob
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby DMOrb on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:53 pm

Sounds like you're do fine with what you have, and 3ghz is more than enough oomph for a CPU. I'm still at 2ghz AMD Athlon, and this machine is about 3 years old. I'll keep this one humming along for another 3 years. Most important thing for any of us gamers is the GPU (graphics processing unit) on our Video Cards. I upgraded mine about two years ago. I use a 128mbs PNY nVidia GeForce 5500.

If I ever become a heavy duty FPS or RPG game player, then I would move up to a 512mbs nVidia card.

If you get a chance, find a good deal on an external or internal hard drive. I use two internal hard drives, backing up everything is quick as a whistle from one to the other.

I have an external hard drive to back-up everthing too. That one travels with me and comes in handy when I transfer files from older computers to newer ones.

When you game loads, does it take about 15 seconds? I have nearly 1000 crz's, and by changing my course folder to (courses 2003), my game will load in 10 to 15 seconds.

Lot of people still use the course folder, and once they collect a couple hundred courses, they have to sit and wait nearly 45 seconds to a minute for the game to load......I made a movie at YouTube about this process. If you have never done this method, watch the movie at YouTube.
:idea:
DMOrb

Next

Return to Talk About It