Is A player allowed to chip on the putting green ?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby RR_Desperado on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:54 am

BruceM, I talk to everyone I play and if I see no grid, I usually ask them how long they have been using the bli only. I also have played some players several times and they are no longer strangers.
RR_Desperado

Postby Bluenoser on Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:55 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:If a player is just using the BLI and no grid, you will not see a grid when they putt. If they are using a grid it will show up when you see them putt. That doesn't mean that they are just using the grid and not the BLI or both thou. The players that I know using just the BLI don't use the grid and there for I can't see it when they putt when I play them.

Yes, but you can see the grid if you want to, just as you can turn it off. If you press alt/g when the other player is shooting, the grid will turn off on your monitor, or on if he has it disabled.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby Bluenoser on Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:56 pm

RR_Desperado wrote:BruceM, I talk to everyone I play and if I see no grid, I usually ask them how long they have been using the bli only. I also have played some players several times and they are no longer strangers.

That's cool, all my point was (as stated) that we don't really know what they are doing as far as shot set up.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby Harpo on Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:13 pm

Tks Bruce, I didn't know that but never tried to turn it on when they didn't have it on either.
Jim
Harpo

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:34 pm

BruceM wrote:
RR_Desperado wrote:BruceM, I talk to everyone I play and if I see no grid, I usually ask them how long they have been using the bli only. I also have played some players several times and they are no longer strangers.

That's cool, all my point was (as stated) that we don't really know what they are doing as far as shot set up.

Like the grid, The bli shows up on your monitor if your opponent is using it, regardless of weather or not you do
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby AZWilly on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:27 pm

sorry, but back to original post, yes, but there's nothing line making a twisty long (50-60 ft.) putt to help your day. always figure your pard/opponent will make his. :D
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Previous

Return to Talk About It