K Club Palmer Course Download????

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

K Club Palmer Course Download????

Postby Foreman on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:34 am

The K Club Palmer Course (Stableford Wk #9) has a link to a LinksCorner page for the View Courses and Conditions. This link is just a LinksCorner forum posting and the K Club Palmer Course (K Club 2 Pack Sunday Morning Edition) is listed as "discontinued" in Links Corner.

Is there an active link where this course can be downloaded? If not, maybe another course should be selected for the Stableford Wk #9.

Thanks.

Foreman
Foreman

Re: K Club Palmer Course Download????

Postby gibby on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:05 am

PM'd Mark about it.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:20 am

gibby wrote:PM'd Mark about it.

Thanks. :)
Catchy phrase goes here.
rwoodworkr

Postby lstouradmin on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:27 am

I just deleted the old event and created a new one with Margaret's Bay using conditions and pins that Michael Jensen sent me.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby KunkleMan on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:32 am

This makes no sense whatsoever to me!! I just completed the third round and had some very decent scores. See you next year! :(

PS- Just because One guy doesn't have it???????????????
KunkleMan

Postby tryandtyoneon on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:44 am

PSS.........Just because one guy HAS it???????????????
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Michael Jensen on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:50 am

We've lost both the Palmer and the Smurfit course. Probably because the firm that John works for has done business with the K Club and he has had to discontinue his old private versions. I think that's what happened with the old Mount Juliet which he has also discontinued. It sucks, but on the other hand we've gotten a lot of other courses because of the designer going pro (e.g. Roganstown, 2x Carton House, Bunclody, Hermitage, Portmarnock, Las Sendas and Mount Juliet 2010). So all in all we're well ahead :D
Michael Jensen

Postby Foreman on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:36 pm

First, thanks very much to Gibby and Mark for acting so quickly on this.

I think it's very reasonable to expect that a tournament course should be currently available. Sorry, if this change interrupted someone's tournament play. Maybe this could be set up as an two tournaments for Week #9?

Thanks.

Foreman
Foreman

Postby gibby on Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Glad to help 1 but upset another, not much anyone can do unless we go thru each and every link to see which ones still work for each course. Never know until event goes up and someone has a problem, myself I have the course but was at work at the time. I could have offered to upload it somewhere, just didn't know I had it. And not sure how legal it would have been.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby stvn6165 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Michael Jensen wrote:We've lost both the Palmer and the Smurfit course. Probably because the firm that John works for has done business with the K Club and he has had to discontinue his old private versions. I think that's what happened with the old Mount Juliet which he has also discontinued. It sucks, but on the other hand we've gotten a lot of other courses because of the designer going pro (e.g. Roganstown, 2x Carton House, Bunclody, Hermitage, Portmarnock, Las Sendas and Mount Juliet 2010). So all in all we're well ahead :D

i seen this a week ago at lc, about k club being discontinued, glancing through the course list there. and i thought maybe it was some kind of glitch, or misprint, but i'm sad to see i'm wrong. i have both versions in my hd, and love them both (maybe because i liked k club palmer so much, back in the tw days).

and i agree, also, with the 'sucks' part. this also just happened at TWO, with wentworth. and rumor has it, that it happened for the same reason, sort of -that ea quit doing business, or lost it's licensing interest with the wentworth people. hard to tell, you know what they say about rumors...
and to that, all i can say is 'thank god' for links2003.

and thank you for the course suggestions.
i liked roganstown, but never really got into the others, so i will check them out.
stvn6165

Return to Talk About It