Australian Golf Open

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Australian Golf Open

Postby Bagobones on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:38 am

Congratulations to John Sendon for his win in Sydney today, he shot a final round 65 to win his first open. I was there on Friday to watch all the action. It is so good to see all the pro's playing in real life........... they make it look so easy!!
:shock:
Bagobones

Postby garfran on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:40 pm

Yes, great result. Shame the Tiger won't compete in our part of the world. I believe he won't come here as he requires something like 2 million dollars appearance money.
garfran

Postby Roughrider on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:58 pm

C'mon, they don't play golf in Australia. Do they?
RR
Roughrider

Postby Vibes on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:35 pm

Roughrider wrote:C'mon, they don't play golf in Australia. Do they?
RR

No of course not golf means terrential rain, 50 knott winds, Snow blizzards. We don't have any of that here Down under, Instead we have wonderful blue skies huge open areas, Light breezes, enjoying the walk with a series of different weighted and length sticks to scare off the Kangaroos wallabies and Magpies and the odd hitting of a little white (or coloured) ball to add the enjoyment of the pleasent walk.

Cheers
Vibes
Vibes

Postby GDI_Coyote on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:35 pm

I heard Norman was on a walkabout when the prime minister rang him to coax Tiger to go down under( so he missed the taxes on his boat for the year!)He just married a Sweedish model fellas...give his legs a break.

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby Bagobones on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:06 pm

garfran wrote:Yes, great result. Shame the Tiger won't compete in our part of the world. I believe he won't come here as he requires something like 2 million dollars appearance money.

I reckon it won't be too long before Tiger graces our shores. How could he miss the oportunity to win our National Tournament and put his name on the Stonehaven Cup along with the likes of Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player.
As far as appearance money is concerned, surely Australian business sponsorship could easily cover that... with the amount of interest that would be generated in the game with having him here.
Bagobones

Postby sgt_cook on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:07 pm

Yes it is a shame that more US, among others, don't play the Australian Open. Its a beautiful land and the level of play is very competitive.
sgt_cook

Postby Roughrider on Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:40 pm

Sorry, I was being facetious. Actually I've heard great things about Australia in my lifetime and I know from what I see of their people that they are friendly, courteous, attractive and intelligent. You cannot ask for finer sportsmen in any sport. And if you are in a fighting pinch you can do no better than to have an aussie by your side. One of the things that I look back on with a certain degree of sadness is that when I was in the service in Southeast Asia US personnal could not visit Australia on their R&R leaves. I would have surely gone there. Also, for my money, one of the greatest film directors of all time, Nicholas Roeg is from there. Another thing and this really says it all is that not a single response to my facetiousness contained the slightest whisper or nuance of anger. Thinking about it now, it may not be to late. I know that you can play online poker down there. Anyway Cheers! Thats how I really feel about Australia.
RR
Roughrider

Postby sgt_cook on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:55 pm

It's all right RR, I think we all know you were'nt being nasty in anyway. I lived downunder for five years and nicer people are hard to find and it is a wonderful country to see. Cheers!
sgt_cook

Return to Talk About It