How to really mess up a hole

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

How to really mess up a hole

Postby HeavySwinger on Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:35 pm

The Augusta Extreme mod tourney was a real test, only for the brave or foolish. Despite that, I was on a roll at 3 under going into the 15th hole under windy/firm/fast conditions and I got a big head thinking I could conquer any hole. I saw that the pin was the worst, front left, but I just had to go for it in 2...really stupid. I had one of the worst RTS clubs in my hand, the 6W, and sure enough it did me in big time, over 107 mph club head speed and the ball went sailing over the green and into the water way behind the hole - never been there before, never want to go there again. So I took a drop - not good, it buried. I know if I hit it all the way to the green it would roll right into the water. So I hit it short, really short, only half way to the hole-doh! :? Now I'm thinking I can chip it all the way there and it will stop - yeah right into the drink :cry: After fishing it out of the water, I hit again leaving it just short of the green. Still being careful, I gingerly chip it halfway to the hole on the green and finally sink the remaining putt for a NINE :x So if any of you play that tourney, here's a hint - lay up on the second shot at 15 when it's w/f/f. Where's that head banging emoticon when you need it?
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby Crissy on Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:53 pm

Six wood 107 mph, you got all of that one id say. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Return to Talk About It