terrell's tournaments for wk #...er...whatever it is?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

terrell's tournaments for wk #...er...whatever it is?

Postby terrell on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 am

wyndham @ inverness

major b u t t clinchy moment during the 4th round. with frislev starting to play like kaden, paired with the 2nd of two windy debacles i've played recently (major distance problem all of a sudden), i found myself starting in a 7 stroke hole. not to worry, i was pretty confident i could make up 7 strokes. but there i was in the 4th round, nothing but pars (and a bunch of very unlikely saves to get par), and still 2 strokes down! was not looking good for the home team. but whether i buckled down, or the clicker finger (i'm a wimpy 2 clicker, btw) loosened a bit, 4 birds on the back carried me to a 2 stroke win!

on a sidenote, roy is chasing lonnie (and it looks very likely he'll catch him) 30 strokes ahead of me, battling for the top spot. notably, michael stayed within 3 strokes of lonnie, which is a great tournament for anybody.

michigan classic @ oakland hills

started out as a shootout between goldenbear & myself, but henry recovered from a bad opening round to make it a 3 way battle. congrats to goldenbear, finishing with 5 straight birds to top the 3some.

also congrats to punchshot...maybe. there's tj_wall & wes_c lurking, and could still catch him before the day is over. news at 11. (8

stableford @ riviera

i told dec' after i had finished, looked at the leaderboard, and i had topped him by one point, i felt like a backflip (or two). but then the reality of dec' breaking in a new mouse set in. still, occasionally seeing my name around the great players like dec, roy, lonnie, et al, is why we play the game. (8

notable in this tournament was michael's unorthodox hole in one. if you haven't seen it, download it, it's incredible.

raw @ excelsior

did i mention this is a great course? entering this tournament, i kinda had the feeling with only me, dec, & lonnie, i knew who the short knocker would be. kinda like getting paired up with padraig & chad campbell, it wasn't going to be pretty. sure enough, i got smoked. but think of the euphoria had i won! (8=
terrell

Return to Talk About It