game closed due to ERROR

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

game closed due to ERROR

Postby ranchocucamonga on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:51 pm

now what the hell??? HOPE OPEN....1st rnd...playing really pants.....but half way in i notice im NOT SHOWING on the leaderboard...........then the gm shuts me out....go to tourny page to see if its 9 holes and get this......GAME CLOSED DUE TO ERROR...mmmm anyone going to enlighten me???
"Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."
ranchocucamonga

waaaah

Postby ranchocucamonga on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:47 pm

ok ok....PARBUSTERS rnd 1 almost same thing.....played full 1st rnd...no score on leaderboard no score showing up.....but others are...go to tourney page...and same message..."game stopped due to error" cmon you techy bods.... whats going on? 20 odd views and not 1 person has a clue.. or even experienced the same thing?? Just when things were supposed to get better, they get worse....mmmmmm could be time to move along me thinks.
:?
"Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."
ranchocucamonga

Postby terrell on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:32 pm

lol, well, before you leave for good, rancho, i'll throw out a coupla things that have been suggested in other threads...about a dozen times.

goto tools|internet options|security|trusted sites|sites and add http://www.lspn.net. untick the 'require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone'.

goto privacy|sites and type 'www.lspn.net'. click allow.

i got the dreaded 'something stopped due to error' before i allowed private header information to be passed within zonealarm.

your results may vary.

edit: i'm sure there have been others. this is all i can think of without looking.

edit #2: oh yeah, adding 'www.lspn.net' to the windows firewall worked for some. i don't have the windows firewall, so i'm not able to look at it, and i'm too lazy to search for it here.
terrell

Postby SteveFr on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:07 pm

Had a similar (maybe the same) problem for a couple of days after the home page was updated. If I came in on my LSPN.net shortcut I was getting a 'stopped due to error' page come up. I could come in on my lstour shortcut and it seemed to work ok but forums weren't retaining 'new posts' info after viewing the first one and I seemed to move back from 'lstour' pages to lspn.net pages in the forums.
Also I couldn't launch an official or arcade game. I would select links tour as normal, connect to the server, get the welcome message, then as soon as I clicked ok I was kicked back to the desktop as soon as the next communication with the server started. Happened in both 1.05 and 1.06.
This afternoon I went through my cookies and deleted the ones that refer to this site. Can't actually remember whether I deleted lspn cookies and lstour cookies or just lspn. As soon as I did this everything appears to be ok again, site works, forums work and more importantly the game works again. Don't know if I was getting a conflict between both sets of cookies but if that's it, deleting them should do the trick.
SteveFr

Postby ranchocucamonga on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:36 am

Did everything Terrel and Steve suggested...hey hey...im not playing invisible man anymore...txs guys...lets hope thats my final GLITCH...for this week anyway :D
ranchocucamonga

Postby terrell on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:57 am

excellent! in most cases it's not a good thing to toss one's cookies. however, with links...

edit: my first thought, was what tweak exactly did the trick? but when you think about it, rancho performed several tasks that essentially accomplish the same thing. whether you decrease your security settings, or specify a site is allowed to copy cookies to your pc, you're doing the same thing. in my case, i specified within zonealarm to allow lspn.net to copy cookies. this is what makes configuring windows to accommodate a game interesting.
terrell

Return to Talk About It