Pine Dunes Golf Club

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Pine Dunes Golf Club

Postby Crissy on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:35 pm

A new course was released Pine Dunes Golf Club designed by Jamey Hribal. I played a round on it and kind of liked it. Its a monster download though almost 140 meg.

Anyway here is a link and a few screen- shots to give people a better idea.

Pine Dunes Golf Club

The screen-shots are hole#1, hole#6, hole#9 and hole#13. Just click the thumbs to enlarge them.

Image Image Image Image
Crissy

Postby terrell on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:49 pm

thanks for the heads up, crissy. i'm not familiar with jamey's work, but i'll certainly check it out. screenshots look great. downloading now (it'll take a coupla seconds at 2mb/s).
terrell

Postby Westview on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:05 pm

Thanks Crissy. 8)
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby KCJammer on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:06 pm

This is something I'd like to see more of ... that is, news here of the release of new courses over at Links Corner. Seems there is/was/has been a bit of a disconnect between the two sites. Seems too, that it takes far too long for new courses to show up on the tour menus here. Hopefully that lag time will decrease with this next stage of the tour. Looking forward to bigger and better things and thanks to Crissy for posting the images and link.
KCJammer

Postby Crissy on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:56 pm

terrell wrote:it'll take a coupla seconds at 2mb/s

Remember the old dial-up days when a course this size would take about a month to download. lol Well not really but things seemed to take forever.

Westview wrote:Thanks Crissy.

You are most welcome.

KCJammer wrote:This is something I'd like to see more of

Yes I think thats a good idea also.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby SteveFr on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:10 am

Crissy wrote:Remember the old dial-up days when a course this size would take about a month to download. lol Well not really but things seemed to take forever.

Crissy

I was on a 2-hour disconnect with my dial up. I'd start a course downloading and as the time got closer I'd sit there hoping it would reach 100% before the 2hrs or that my ISP's auto-disconnect wouldn't kick in. Of course, it always did. Lost count of how many times I tried and failed to D/L courses until I finally wised up and got a download manager.

Steve
SteveFr

Postby Crissy on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:52 am

SteveFr wrote:I was on a 2-hour disconnect with my dial up. I'd start a course downloading and as the time got closer I'd sit there hoping it would reach 100% before the 2hrs or that my ISP's auto-disconnect wouldn't kick in. Of course, it always did. Lost count of how many times I tried and failed to D/L courses until I finally wised up and got a download manager.

Steve

When we got cable I didn’t use a download manager for the longest time. But then I came across Internet Download Manager and it increased my download speeds allot more, so I still use it as it works equally as well with Internet Explorer as it does with Firefox.

Internet Download Manager
Crissy

Postby terrell on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:57 am

got to play all of pine dunes last night. fantastic course. this is the quality of courses we should be playing.

disclaimer: i feel partly responsible more of the great apcd's haven't been added as quickly as they should. i have no delusions dc or mark changed their approaches to the tour(s) based on what i thought. but i have always lobbied hard to keep the legacy ms and access software courses in the mix, mostly because most of us have a small fortune tied up in them. except for courses like valhalla, i've since abandoned that philosophy and realize it's time to cut the cord.
terrell

Postby sgt_cook on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:18 pm

Big download. Dial up (still) been using a program i found called free download manager, seems to do the job quite nicely and thats a good thing. This course could take a bit of time. Thanks for the heads up Crissy.

Terrell - The old courses are great to play yet. They're like a long lost friend to most of us who have spent the dinero on acquiring them, but some of these new apcd courses are a marvel for sure. Its a shame so many of them come and go before really getting a good look or wind up sidelined by another great course design.
sgt_cook

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:45 am

while there are a great many apcd files (real world and fictional) that ought to be considered for the tour list, the old ms files are almost all real world courses for which there are, as yet, no replacements. i wouldn't want to give up places like riviera just because the graphics are outdated--that file is still a great play. and there are plenty of others. lw

Postby KCJammer on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:09 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:... i wouldn't want to give up places like riviera just because the graphics are outdated--that file is still a great play. and there are plenty of others. lw

I agree. A lot of that, for me anyway, has to do with familiarity. I've played those courses so many times over the years, I feel I really know my away around those tracks.

This might be a good time to once again make mention of the MS/Access Course Update Project. There's a lot to look forward to here. But for the time being, there would be no point in flooding the tournament menu with new APCD designs if doing so came at the expense of the legacy courses.
KCJammer

Postby Crissy on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:35 pm

sgt_cook wrote:Big download. Dial up (still) been using a program i found called free download manager, seems to do the job quite nicely and thats a good thing.

I have read good reviews on Free Download Manager, I am sure it can help others here on dial-up also.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby zonkerharris1966 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:06 pm

I liked the screen shots alot....it's downloading now. Thanks for the heads up.
zonkerharris1966

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:57 pm

as a dialup dinosaur, getright has saved me a lot of grief for years. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Return to Talk About It