Complete MS Course List

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby gibby on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:57 am

I think the main issue was tigerbob did not have a credit card to use and was looking for a different way to pay and wasn't able to make contact or get a reply.
gibby

Postby Freefaller on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:17 am

Thanks but tigerbob's "main issue" is irrelevant to my post. I was simply informing mark that the addy may not be working
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby gibby on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:58 am

and wasn't able to make contact or get a reply.[/quote]

I know Free that's why I added this
gibby

Postby tigerbob on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:55 pm

Hello all and a Merry Christmas and happy New Year
I finally got my problem solved, I subscribed to pay pal, thank you all who helped me get this sorted out, I'm on my way to getting the courses I needed and wanted. Agin thanks to all.
Regards Bob
tigerbob

Postby FixAmer1st on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:29 pm

I was browsing here at Links Sports Net and saw the list of Links 2K3 CRZ files (both released and converted) posted here by Crissy and updated by Armand. There were 133 of them listed.

I checked my collection and saw I had missed some.

Most were the seven MSGolf ones (I never got into the MS licensed versions before they bought Access) so that was understandable.

Can anyone tell me what the Microsoft game name was that had those courses? I guess a trip to EBay is now in order so I can get them all. Can they be used in our Links versions 1.05 and 1.06?

BUT one course on the list, Three Canyons (THREECAN2K1.CRZ) I did not have.

I do have a single CD of Three Canyons that was a gift in one release of Links, Three Canyons (THREECAN.CRZ), that was not on Crissy's list so unless there is a typo on her part in the CRZ name there is one more CRZ file to be added to that list and I am still missing the one she listed.

Armand posted in a reply "I'm not sure if there was 2001 version Three Canyons, but if so, it would have been called something else (that uses the 8.3 format)" so this may be the answer.

Can anyone help me out here and point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Jerry

PS for Crissy. Were you at the VGA Finals in Florida where Paul and Annika's picture was taken that you posted? If so, I am sorry I missed you. I was there also and had a ball meting the Links die-hards.
FixAmer1st

Postby Crissy on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi there FixAmer1st here is a pic of my Microsoft courses folder with the THREECAN2K1.CRZ course highlighted. ( just so you know I am not fibbing. lol ) And as far as the MSGolf ones, they come from Microsoft Golf but also work with Links 2003. Also I don't seem to have the THREECAN.CRZ you speak of but obviously there must be one as you have it. How I came to my final list was to scan my folder for each file name and thus the number 133 came about as thats how many Microsoft courses I have, but its entirely possible that I may not have one.

And I was not at the VGA, but in the chat room that Mark set up that year. The pic was released later thats how I got it.

Click to enlarge

Crissy
Crissy

Postby FixAmer1st on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:50 pm

Thanks Crissy.
I have hooked up with someone who had the file you listed and when installed they list exactly the same info for both so I guess the 2K1 name has been edited at one time or another as my THREECAN.CRZ came right off the original CD and should be the correct one.

Picture looks familiar. I took quite a few there and gave them to Mark. Might be one of mine. I'll have to check.

Thanks for all of the info.

Jerry
FixAmer1st

Postby Crissy on Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:01 pm

Your very welcome FixAmer1st, sorry I took so long to reply but a tree fell on our power and cable lines here do to an ice storm and I just got back online now.

I was almost frozen because there was no heat for a bit. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Dave_L on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi Crissy, don't know if this is the right thread to ask it in, but I will anyway. :)

I only keep the latest versions of courses in my course folder, to avoid confusing myself, and copy in the older files as needed.

I have both the Devil's Island files in your list, but when I just tried to play the one round Devil's Island event, it told me that the latest version (the LS one) wasn't recognised. I copied the 386 version into my course folder and was able to play the event (badly, but you can't have everything!)

I'm assuming my version of the LS file is different to that of the person who set up the event - which could be a real problem if I find that with other events.

Have you come across this problem with different versions of the same filename before?
Dave_L

Postby Crissy on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:21 pm

Dave_L wrote:Hi Crissy, don't know if this is the right thread to ask it in, but I will anyway. :)

I only keep the latest versions of courses in my course folder, to avoid confusing myself, and copy in the older files as needed.

I have both the Devil's Island files in your list, but when I just tried to play the one round Devil's Island event, it told me that the latest version (the LS one) wasn't recognised. I copied the 386 version into my course folder and was able to play the event (badly, but you can't have everything!)

I'm assuming my version of the LS file is different to that of the person who set up the event - which could be a real problem if I find that with other events.

Have you come across this problem with different versions of the same filename before?

Hi there Dave nice to see you over here. ( I have not seen you in about an hour. lol ) I am assuming that the first course you played has not been added to there list of playable courses.

BruceBo ( he is the admin here ) and Tresclub ( he looks after that sort of thing around here ) could maybe give you a better answer. I am sure one of them will pop in shorty and may add to this thread. If not I will send one of them a message showing them your post.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Bruce Bo on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:15 pm

Crissy wrote:
Dave_L wrote:Hi Crissy, don't know if this is the right thread to ask it in, but I will anyway. :)

Hi there Dave nice to see you over here. ( I have not seen you in about an hour. lol ) I am assuming that the first course you played has not been added to there list of playable courses.

BruceBo ( he is the admin here ) and Tresclub ( he looks after that sort of thing around here ) could maybe give you a better answer. I am sure one of them will pop in shorty and may add to this thread. If not I will send one of them a message showing them your post.

Crissy

thx for the PM Crissy :) but i'm not sure i can give the best answer.
this seems to be happening more and more with the revised or updated courses. the way i understand it is the newer versions have a slightly different name. ex: Riviera Country Club (the 1st) is also Riviera CC (the latest) .
i dont know if there is an easy answer to this, other than finding out (like i did) when you try to enter a Tour and it informs you that you dont have that course :P

possible a way to ID them can be added, but other than running this by Mark, i dont know how else it can be accomplished.

TresClub?
Terrell??
TryandTie?
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby Crissy on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Thank you Bruce for not swearing. lol Dave and I were in another thread in another forum and people were swearing, ( it was not me ) and it did not sit well with Dave. lol

Crissy
Last edited by Crissy on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissy

Postby terrell on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:42 pm

BruceBo wrote:possible a way to ID them can be added, but other than running this by Mark, i dont know how else it can be accomplished.

TresClub?
Terrell??
TryandTie?

ya got me, bruce. crissy, armand, and warren are the course version gurus around here. murray and i just look for p o r n. (8
terrell

Postby Tresclub on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:05 pm

The course name you see when you create the tournies, is the same one the game looks for. They are tied together. I found out the hard way (with Rams Hill) that I can't edit the course names. Sorry!
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Freefaller on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:33 am

I remember on one of the old sites Mark had created a fix so that the version used did not matter, all versions (MS/Access only) would work. APCD's were a completly different beast and could not be included in the fix.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It