Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby KCJammer on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:59 pm

Crissy wrote:
a whack in the melon ...

Nope ... not goin' there ... :lol:
KCJammer

Postby Dr_Dave on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:08 pm

The new Harbour Town is Eddie Schmidt's re-creation and is available at http://www.apcd-courses.com/ to paid members. Apcd-courses.com is a like a designers site where they can showcase their talent. You can download P2P courses and download exclusive courses for paid members. The measly $20 a year helps pay for the site and in return provides members with some great stuff.

What will you say if the day comes when Mark asks you to pay to play here? Some people just don't understand the cost and man hours it takes to provide sites like this, Links Corner and Apcd-courses.com. What could happen is we either support them or lose them.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Harpo on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:45 pm

Dave, I understand what the site is all about for I have done some designing with the APCD. The guys there are doing a gr8 job. The LC website says it is a free download from the apcd-courses site and I didn't want to join another site. It's just that simple. All I wanted to know if there was another site I could get at if it was free as advertised.
Jim
Harpo

Postby terrell on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:05 pm

jeez o' pete, jim, you sure are being hard-headed about this. i like that. but i hafta totally disagree with you. it's more than obvious rehit and eddie agreed on an 'arrangement' to exclusively distribute harbour town freely, however, at the same time promoting apcd-courses. i understand it (it must not be difficult). even if you joined apcd-courses, downloaded the course, then offerred it to me, i could not take it. a eula is a eula.

so quit arguing semantics. you know what's going on. eddie (and every other apcd'er) deserves to be compensated for their toils, and he decided his compensation was to help out rehit. i'd love to have the course too. but sometimes ya just gotta s u c k (frelling censor bot!) it up and move on.
terrell

Postby Harpo on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:44 pm

Terrell, Did you read my last post? Hey, I understand. Will you guys stop reading between the lines and adding what "you" guys think I'm saying. I'm done with this subject and post.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Dr_Dave on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:52 pm

Jim, you are correct, it is a free course but only to paid members of APCD-courses. And no there is no other place to download it. As Crissy stated, you could ask Eddie personally, but that would be his call. Hope that clears things up.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby terrell on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:19 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:Terrell, Did you read my last post? Hey, I understand. Will you guys stop reading between the lines and adding what "you" guys think I'm saying. I'm done with this subject and post.

lol, ok, jim. whatever. this was done to death in a marathon thread at links corner. you coulda saved yourself some aggravation and read that.
terrell

Postby MNicely on Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:54 am

apcd.whatever.rip.off.site

.... do you think before you post ...

visit freefallers website at : gimmiegimmieitallforfree.me

you have seen the posts about this topic at LC .. and dont pretend you havent ... you sir have taken it over the line ...
:evil:

So could you explain in what way they are a rip off ..... since you should have some proof before accusing them of ripping people off .

I wonder if you have a copy of HT already on your machine .
"Everyone has the right to be wrong"
MNicely

Postby Harpo on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:06 am

MNicely, I think he was referring to "any" site that may be allowing one to download the apcd courses without their permission. I don't think he was referring to the LC site.

It's just goes to show that several different people can read the same post and come away with a different way of seeing it. I think this whole subject/post proves that a few times. I try myself to re-read what I have wrote a few times to see if I wrote it in a way that that doesn't happen but sometimes it doesn't work.
Jim
Harpo

Postby MNicely on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:18 am

Jim .. i know he wasnt referring to LC ... he was referring to apcd-courses .. and that is what I am upset with ... they have done nothing but help anyone who plays Links .. designs .. animations .. the list goes on ...
I didnt read anything into this ..its all there to see ... he feels it should be free ... but the designer clearly states it is exclusive to apcd for members only for FREE...
I own a set of golf clubs (several really) and that doesnt allow me permission to play every course in the world ... it only means I have the tools to play .. I still need to pay green fees to play . So if you have a copy of Links 2003 does that mean everything else is free ... NOT.

apcd.whatever.rip.off.site ... this looks to me like it points a finger and calls apcd a rip off ...
dont think I misread this one.
"Everyone has the right to be wrong"
MNicely

Postby Freefaller on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:30 am

MNicely wrote:
.... do you think before you post ...

LOL, sometimes, but not always

MNicely wrote:visit freefallers website at : gimmiegimmieitallforfree.me

don't have a website, but if i get one i'll keep your suggestion in mind

MNicely wrote:you have seen the posts about this topic at LC .. and dont pretend you havent.

don't have to pretend, i don't hang around LC, just use it to download APCD courses (whether you believe me or not is unimportant)

MNicely wrote:So could you explain in what way they are a rip off ..... since you should have some proof before accusing them of ripping people off .

thought they were charging for a course that could be obtained for free at LC. later found out i was wrong and apologised

MNicely wrote:I wonder if you have a copy of HT already on your machine .

yes I do, it came with the Links LS disk I bought

Have a nice day
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:06 am

free', if we were comparing your patience to my patience, it would be like comparing the distances between the earth and moon, and earth and...ceti alpha v.

i don't think mr nicely was talking about the harbour town that came on that disk. i think he was talking about eddie's latest rendition, available exclusively at apcd-courses.

'nother editorial type comment: also impressive is eddie and rehit sticking to their guns after the firestorm. most impressive.
terrell

Postby KCJammer on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:37 am

If you have a little free time (OK, a lot of free time), here's the marathon thread that Terrell referenced earlier. Spanning a little more than two weeks from late-July through mid-August and reaching 31 pages before eventually being locked, it offers a little history and sheds some light on the issues raised here.
KCJammer

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:06 pm

my ox isn't being gored here since i am a paid up member at apcd-courses, and have the ES harbourtown file. but because of the restriction of access to this file, i doubt that it will be the lspn standard file unless something changes. it's only one file out of hundreds, so we will all live. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Crissy on Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:44 pm

I would think most people have it by one means or another anyway. ( I don’t but I really do not care ) It would be the same if they have tournaments for P2P courses. They would be passed around here like candy.

I remember the olden days when I first started to play Links and people use to post URLs to all the MS courses for everyone to download on the Zone all the time. Or even when P2P courses were first released they were passed around the zone also in much the same manner.

The moral of this story is never tell anyone on the internet they cant have something. lol I must say I do get a bit of fun sitting back watching all the stuff that goes on in threads like these. I have seen it hundred times before but there still funny to watch.

Crissy
Crissy

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It