Murphy Sure Has Sharp Teeth

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Murphy Sure Has Sharp Teeth

Postby IBHackin on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:45 pm

Talk about a run of bad luck. I'm playing the Stableford last weekend and during my round my router dies. (my desktop is on the wireless network) It took about 2 hours tho figure out it wasn't Earthlink it was my router. So I get out the add to see who has the best prices locally on a new router. So I go to Circuit City and get Linksys Wireless N they had on sale for $80.00. I get home set it up and dang if it doesn't work the 1st time. The Kids stop yelling at me for having no internet so things are looking good. Next I go to see if I can finish the round. This is now Tuesday by the way. I get the resume and as the screen starts rendering, bang a Blue Screen of Death. Now what, well after a few reboots and pulling this card and that I find my wireless PCI card just went belly up. So now the kids are happy but dad not so. Next to Newegg, find a good price on a new Linksys Wireless N for my desktop, order it and it shows up today. Yeah. So I guess this shows you that there is some good after suffering the misery at times. And wow what a difference in speed. :D :) :D

Happy Golfing

Steve
IBHackin

Return to Talk About It