Flights

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Flights

Postby BillJr on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:54 pm

Thanks Gibby but I still don't know how the flight system puts them in the lower flight. There are usually about 10 players who play in flight E but this week its just me and the "sandbaggers". Is there a bug in the system? :D
BillJr

Postby Mulliganman on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:45 pm

BillJr wrote:Thanks Gibby but I still don't know how the flight system puts them in the lower flight. There are usually about 10 players who play in flight E but this week its just me and the "sandbaggers". Is there a bug in the system? :D

My guess is yes, I'm playing against guys 11 strokes better then me in flight tourneys. Oh the evil web someone weaves :lol:
Ted
Mulliganman

Postby BAMTURF on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:29 am

Golfers who abandoned flights for one reason or another should receive a zero on all 4 rounds . also it should be added into the stats for them as zero .
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Postby StrawGAZ on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:40 am

Hey linkster's , yes call me a dumbo but I would like to know if or how its possible to access a ladder view in this site of all that play in my weekly flight tournies. I would like to see where I stand amongst others who play a similar level as me.
Please let us know if this feature is here somewhere.
Regards Gary
StrawGAZ

Postby gibby on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:53 am

not really, but you can go to stats page and type in the players name and click show tour profile, then at bottom of page in the filters select tour,2003/2001,level of play, season, then flights in the tour drop down. but you will need to do that for each player your looking for.(painful and time consuming)
Or go to the previous events page and look at flight events and double click on a player and his stats will come up,but previous events only go back 2 weeks.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby Cuber on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:19 pm

This weeks flight course is Bethpage Black HD. Congrats to Dr Miller and his hours in re-creating this gem.
Unfortunately I still run a 5 year old machine that is incapable of refreshing all the wonderful details of this
course in a timely enough manner for me to remain patient enough to complete even one hole let alone 18.
I guess I should have realized how implayable this course would be for me when I saw the downloadable time
and size from Links Corner. My apologies for starting and dqing to those of you who take offense at such actions.
May All Your Putts Be Gimmies
Cuber

Postby hooksalot2 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Quick newbie question. Actually been playing Links for over 13 years. Actually longer. I still have Pebble Beach on floppy disk somewhere. Anyway, I have been playing on here for fun, but decided to join and maybe try out the tournaments and ladder match play. I just joined Sat. When I go into Links I see no CLSC or PLSA events. I don't see the free events either. The only ones I see are the L2K3 events. Is this because I joined in the middle of the tournaments?
hooksalot2

Postby gibby on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:37 am

Not the place to post your question, but try this. Go to current events tab about half way down open the event list options and choose which events you want to see.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby gd5150 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:01 am

I wish I could claim sandbagging. Some courses I find easy, others I find impossible. Add in a lack of consistant play and I'm all over the board. I love Augusta, but I [censored] rocketballz there. :)
gd5150

Postby johnybarkerr on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:04 am

They may be in you from a different flight. I tried something new, the new system, the competition of more than one flight in the same event, but you can only see your flight, when you view the list. This will help reduce the number of flight events. Before 72 similar flight activities.
johnybarkerr

Postby OneOfOne on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:22 pm

been playing flights all year. last week there was no flight event and now it says not registered. what the hell?
OneOfOne

Postby jack12k10 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:11 pm

Hello all, I was about to play my first tournament here this week...obviously not on a flight one as I have to establish a handicap, but wanted to on Champ level...looking through tourn history, it seems like not a lot of participation on the champ level or am I wrong.
jack12k10

Postby Mississippi on Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:04 pm

jack12k10 wrote:Hello all, I was about to play my first tournament here this week...obviously not on a flight one as I have to establish a handicap, but wanted to on Champ level...looking through tourn history, it seems like not a lot of participation on the champ level or am I wrong.

Most playing Champ, play challenging.
Mississippi

Postby ds3224 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:59 am

on the tourny page, I don't see any Flight listed at all....
ds3224

Previous

Return to Talk About It