one difference

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

one difference

Postby RR_Desperado on Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:17 pm

from zone.l Once players launch, they disappear. Not exactly a big deal unless you are looking for someone as it would be nice to be able to see that they are already in a game .[/b]
RR_Desperado

Postby ErnieB on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:34 am

Since this site is being run on a small private server (as opposed to a large corporate one), my understanding is there will be a limited number of spaces in the Match Maker room due to bandwidth constraints. I believe the current maximum number is either 25 or 50 and can be easily adjusted (current bandwidth usage is being monitored for this purpose). When games are launched, spaces become available. This is also why there is a 5 min timeout period for inactivity. I am guessing if a player does nothing in the lobby long enough, and there is a waiting list to get in, when they time out, they move to the back of the queue and the person at the front is allowed to enter.

Currently, Mark is working on getting the new tour set up and running ASAP. Since the Match Maker lobby appears to be functional, any further embellishments will probably be on the back burner until this is accomplished. It's gonna be good! 8)
ErnieB

Postby mark on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:23 am

Ernie is correct. I do plan on making some slight adjustments to the lobby.

- Allow custom room names
- Put in some kind of icon showing which game is being used.
- Players will disappear soon as they launch
- Fix chat display bugs
- increase the number of spots available in the lobby
- increase the amount of time in between the host launching and making the launch button available to clients. This should reduce the number of bad connection problems.
- clear old chat messages for a room when room is deleted
- on time out, remove players from the user list
- when a user successfully launches, send a message that the user has launched a game, instead of leaving the room.
- When leaving the lobby webpage remove them from the active users list

Mark

Mark
mark

Postby ErnieB on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm

A couple other requests I've heard from players:

The ability to boot someone from a room that doesn't belong there (and doesn't realize it)

The ability to *ignore* a disruptive user
ErnieB

Postby mark on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:06 pm

Good ones. Thanks!
mark

Return to Talk About It