Looks like Tiger's not alone

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Looks like Tiger's not alone

Postby tryandtyoneon on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Ian Poulter has no intention of taking the passion out of his game even though it has brought him another European Tour fine. Poulter damaged a tee marker during last week's Mercedes-Benz Championship in Cologne, just as he did at the Open Championship in July.

"At the end of the day, I am not going to accept hitting a bad shot," he said Wednesday. "If anyone gets angry and you do something silly, the Tour has got every right to do whatever they do.

"Occasionally, a couple of times a year, you do whatever you do to let it (the frustration) out and unfortunately it will penalize you in the pocket," he added. "I am not going to stand and laugh. It's just in my make-up -- part and parcel of me. I'm not going to be 'Mr. Nice' and smile at every bad shot I hit.

"That's not in my DNA. Hopefully I can control myself, but occasionally I get caught with my guard down," he explained. "But it's not like I took a Samurai sword out and chopped heads off. I tapped a tee marker a bit harder than they would like."

The size of the fine has not been announced, but it is not thought to approach the $10,000 amount he handed over last year after a verbal assault on a marshal at the Irish Open. On that occasion, European Tour Executive Director George O'Grady allowed Poulter to name the sum of his penalty.

I woulda never guessed about Ian, but not seeing him on camera helps hide the rage
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Return to Talk About It