Registered Users

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Registered Users

Postby Dr_Dave on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:16 am

Hmmmm, with 9741 registered users here at LSPN, based on the ranked players of all levels, where are these people????
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Harpo on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:35 am

Well let's see, I must have at least 10 different ID's I use here as well with many of you others. What are some of my other ID's I use? : RHiggi, Giller, IBHackin ....... just to name a few .... :lol:
Jim
Harpo

Postby KCJammer on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:04 am

When I sort through the member list, from aarondsears to zonkerharris, I come up with 580. (All have made at least one post).

Where did you get the larger number Dave? Yours is accurate as I'm sure there are many duplicate ID's, but where did you find that number? Or was there a purge done since you posted?
KCJammer

Postby Harpo on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:22 am

KCJammer wrote:When I sort through the member list, from aarondsears to zonkerharris, I come up with 580. (All have made at least one post).

Where did you get the larger number Dave? Yours is accurate as I'm sure there are many duplicate ID's, but where did you find that number? Or was there a purge done since you posted?

Look at the main forum page at the bottom where it says "users online". It gives the number of registered users.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Dr_Dave on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:55 am

KCJammer wrote:When I sort through the member list, from aarondsears to zonkerharris, I come up with 580. (All have made at least one post).

Jim is correct KC, it's at the bottom of the main forum page. Also, Mark told me that there was a bug in the members list and it doesn't show them all.

Maybe Mark can shed some light on this subject. It's possible the 9741 is the number of ID's since the beginning of the Links Tour.

P.S. I kind of thought you had multiple personalities Jim. Hmmm, maybe Jim isn't your real name either :wink:
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby KCJammer on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:58 am

Thanks Jim & Dave. There must be some sort of system in place that filters out those who have fewer than 2 posts. Remember when we were getting all of those spammers? Haven't seen them much at all of late. I'm thinking maybe this 580 figure I was reporting has something to do with that.

At some point, I'm guessing, Mark will want to purge the roles of inactive users. It's been done previously. If I recall correctly, you had to play at least one round or so within a specified window of time. Another time, you just had to log on to the forum, I think.
KCJammer

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:00 am

KC, on the old site with 1500+ active players, only 4% posted twice a week. indeed, after counting up a week's post-count and allowing for duplicate update hits on certain topics, it was found that only 15 to 20% of the active players were even reading the forum in any given week.

only 6% of the actives posted once per week. most of the traffic was generated by the 1.3% who posted at least once per day. so most of the active players just show up and play, sometimes read, but almost never post. i show up here late at night [edt] and even when there has been a half dozen members signed in, i do not recognize most of the id.s as having posted on the forum.

although a temporarily inactive member's stats were not posted on the old site until he became active again (completed one event), he was still a forum member and could post. it's probably true that most of those current 9000+ forum id.s are multiples, and a certain number may be folks who briefly checked out the scene and moved on. last week (#14) we had 632 active ranked id.s on the lspn site counting all levels, swing types and 1.06 players. some of those are guys playing more than one level etc, but not all that many.

so we would have to be careful when pruning down that forum list. combing out the inactive id.s coming from a common internet address would be a good start. lw

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:37 am

as KC remarked, apparently the member list has already been pruned down to the active players. when looking at the member list whether by joined date, or number of posts, the number is the same: 580. this is our active tour playing population of discrete id.s. i was going to guess that the number of players who liked to play more than one level or version was less than 10% and i would have been right: 8.2%. lw

_____
Larry_Warrilow

Return to Talk About It