week 2 Under The Radar

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Westview on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:43 am

LoonyBuzz wrote:[quote="Westview
Yeah the 5th hole was fun. :D
I hit my drive just hard enough for the ball to hit the top of the hill, then roll down about 60ft onto the green.

And I hit my drive just hard enough for the ball not to hit the top of the hill, then roll down about 60yds, back towards the tee!!???? :?[/quote]

Yeah it's quite a steep hill on both sides. Almost like a triangle.
When you hit the tee shot (with no wind), you have to hit about 2 dots past 12:00. Otherwise you won't make it over the hill.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:35 am

LoonyBuzz wrote:And I hit my drive just hard enough for the ball not to hit the top of the hill, then roll down about 60yds, back towards the tee!!???? :?

did you have the breeze against you on that hole LoonyBuzz ?? i did, so i swung the mouse to 1 o'clock and thwacked the p o o p out of it. it came up just short of Jim's triangle's apex :(

and then all around the ball, there was noooo grid showing, so am blowed if i knew the severity of the uphill lie, so with a guestimate i just thwacked the p o o out of it again and it found home :D
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:41 am

Interesting course with some wakky fairway lies which adds to the fun/challenge imo :D
RoyHiggi

Postby ErnieB on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:47 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:and then all around the ball, there was noooo grid showing, so am blowed if i knew the severity of the uphill lie,

Whenever in that situation, to see the angle of the lie, I rotate my player 90 degrees (either right or left) and note the slope indicator... and then, after rotating back, I guestimate. :lol:
ErnieB

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:23 pm

ErnieB wrote:
JackRussellTerror wrote:and then all around the ball, there was noooo grid showing, so am blowed if i knew the severity of the uphill lie,

Whenever in that situation, to see the angle of the lie, I rotate my player 90 degrees (either right or left) and note the slope indicator... and then, after rotating back, I guestimate. :lol:

hey that rotation works. thanks Ernie. never thought of doing that :)

........and Grassy Creek is a REAL course i read ?? by gollllllllee, you'd be arrested for dangerous driving going up those f'way slopes LMAO

thanks for the tip

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:27 pm

T........what happened on the 4th hole of the first round??? Image

Congrats for not pulling the plug......a true gentleman of the sport Image
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Bagobones on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:08 pm

Just played the 2nd round and on the 5th hole decided this time i was going to play a 3 wood and try and get the ball over the hill and roll it down the other side as infirst round I drove it through the green, well ball landed at the top of that slope and almost rolled back to my feet :lol: Next time i think I'll just.. " :shock: man up and go for it"
Bagobones

Postby Chimo on Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Anonter fun week LW. Thanks bud not looking for anything exceptional just love the challenge of some courses been sitting on the Hard Drive inactive for awhile. Thanks
Chimo

Postby LoonyBuzz on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:17 am

[color=green]did you have the breeze against you on that hole LoonyBuzz ?? i did, so i swung the mouse to 1 o'clock and thwacked the p o o p out of it. it came up just short of Jim's triangle's apex :(

I had everything against me.....lol.....no can't remember exactly....just that I didn't get close enough to 1 o'clock to hit the dang thing far enough.......in the first round, trying to get used to new mouse, hit it even less but it stopped on the slope just below the crest???....ish!!!

What will it be for week 3?? :)
World Peace begins in the heart of a loony
LoonyBuzz

Previous

Return to Talk About It