Checking Stats causes Links to crash

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Checking Stats causes Links to crash

Postby Dayfydd on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:25 pm

This only seem to happen with LSPN tourneys. Go to check the stats and get a memmory buffer overrun error. that crashes my Links game. Can check conditions, can play a rd. But try and check scvores and the game crashes.

Once again I'll state: THIS ONLY HAPPENS WITH LSPN GAMES.

Got a bug? Please check it out. Not 1st time get this tr7ying to read a memory boffer, but cn't memory fils, game crashes error.

Tjanks -- D
Hit it hard and long she said.
Dayfydd

Postby terrell on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:45 pm

this is the second one of these types of posts i've seen in the last couple of weeks. i don't understand how it could be a server side problem, but i pm'd mark with your post anyway. if it is, in fact, a server side problem, i would love to hear the explanation.

edit: d, i owe you a huge apology. you are correct and i was wrong to doubt you. mark says the original problem had to do with tournament names that were too long. and the checks in place to prevent problems weren't working. he's checking on your tournament now.
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:27 pm

this problem got fixed until last spring when a number (but not all) of champ level events started giving buffer problems during one week. we crosschecked the files for everything like MB size, apcd(yes/no), year released, etc. to see what the buffer overruns had in common with no luck. i never would have guessed "length of tournament name" in a million years. but i should have. my own invitational events often maxed out the tournament name window, and they frequently gave rise to overruns. lw

Return to Talk About It