DQs and RQ penalties

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

DQs and RQ penalties

Postby Dayfydd on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:16 pm

Tend to bite the bullet, but sometimes things are irksome.

Informational:

Had a rd in previous wk (or was it 2?) where puter decidied it just must restart my Links game as I was on the approach shot of the 15 th hole of my 2nd rd. Game restrted fine and asked would I like to continue crapped out game. [NOTE: did NOT restart my game from scratch, just clicked restart window that popped up]. Restart sez cannot compete.

Exit Links and login into LSPN; effect requal. Start Links. Upon logon, asks if I would like to continue game that crpped out. Respond yes. Viola back on 15 hole. Complete 15th and scoreboard comes up -- I'm on 1st rd where I'd shot a -21, and finish with a disappointing finish.

PENALTY STROKES. I got a 1 penalty stroke on all rounds tha followed; got penalized with my score for my second rd on top of my completed 1st rd, and having tking penalty strokes on purpose just because I could and to see how the "NEW" LSPN would operate.

So you get 1-infinity penalty strokes for a restart of a rd, even if it's not your fault. This penalty is automatically asessed to each following rd. OK. Fine.

How does an online system decide a completed rd is now void, put on the same hole in the same conditions and decide I'm playing the previous rd?

Just asking.

Later -- D
Hit it hard and long she said.
Dayfydd

Postby terrell on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:50 pm

no clue what communication goes on between the game server and your copy of links. but do you have a 'games' folder under the 'links 2003' folder on your hard drive? though i've never actually seen anything in there myself, i've read vicious rumors here that it helps.
terrell

Postby gibby on Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:33 pm

the penalty continues thru out the event, even though the penalty was in 1st rd it will pick it up thru-out. it's a glitch, at the end of each rd the penalty will be subtracted
gibby

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:33 pm

T, when not being used, my "Games" folder in 2k3 links when opened contains a file (JerDiggity.txt)which when opened says "hi". the word around is that when playing a tour game (probably offline), this is where the score and stats temporarily reside until submitted.

i may be wrong, but i thought the addition of this "Games" file within links 2k3 was a feature of the original 1.02 patch (no doubt also of the 1.05). lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:07 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:T, when not being used, my "Games" folder in 2k3 links when opened contains a file (JerDiggity.txt)which when opened says "hi". the word around is that when playing a tour game (probably offline), this is where the score and stats temporarily reside until submitted.

i may be wrong, but i thought the addition of this "Games" file within links 2k3 was a feature of the original 1.02 patch (no doubt also of the 1.05). lw

hmmm, thanks, lw. i vaguely remember the jerdiggity.txt discussions, but there's nothing in my 'games' folder at the moment. in fact, i don't remember anything about v1.02, but everytime i've reinstalled links with v1.05, i've had to manually recreate 'games'.

but then, i never have ye olde 'stats could not be submitted' thing, so i guess it's a total eclipse of the moon. (8
terrell

Return to Talk About It