wont bother again

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

wont bother again

Postby chrispy on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:50 am

Just played my first tourney here for a while.
Finished the round but was told my stats could not be submitted. So I exited & reentered & was asked if I wanted to submit stats so I said yes but then got a message the stats were invalid & I was disqualified. So I requalified myself & replayed the round again. Same bloody result! Stats not able to be submitted & then there were invalid.
Sorry but it's not worth my time.I'll just go play somewhere else!

Cheers

Chris
My greatest strength is my weakness
chrispy

Postby terrell on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:03 am

if'n you decide to come back sometime, playing offline is supposed to be more reliable if you're having trouble submitting stats. lw is the best person to ask for specific directions (i've never played anything but online, and have only had a couple of problems in 5 years). 'nother thing ya might try, is creating a 'games' folder beneath 'links 2003'. i have no idea what that does, if anything, but i've read it helps.
terrell

Postby GDI_Coyote on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 am

Not sure they will line up to beg you to stay with that attitude.Au revoir! :evil:
If i bother you,go away.
GDI_Coyote

Postby terrell on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:14 am

it's not a bad thing to be frustrated with pc problems, steve. lord knows, i've lost a mouse or two in my day cracking the little buggers up against the wall (didn't help anything, btw). the i.t. guys around here aren't anyone's favorite people, mostly because they only interact when there's a problem. kinduva shame, they got a coupla good guys in there. same thing here, folks are gonna take their frustrations out on links when there's a blip. (8
terrell

Re: wont bother again

Postby Freefaller on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:23 am

chrispy wrote:.....

If you bother coming back, plse let us know what/how you set up and what your rig is like and we can try to see where things went wrong. If not, have a nice life.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:26 am

Bye
LaMa_2k6

Re: wont bother again

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:34 pm

chrispy wrote:Just played my first tourney here for a while.
Finished the round but was told my stats could not be submitted. So I exited & reentered & was asked if I wanted to submit stats so I said yes but then got a message the stats were invalid & I was disqualified. So I requalified myself & replayed the round again. Same bloody result! Stats not able to be submitted & then there were invalid.
Sorry but it's not worth my time.I'll just go play somewhere else!

Cheers

Chris

that's a shame Chris. there is one foolproof way in overcoming this problem and its been suggested by LarryW also >>>> in regular weekly events you play your rounds offline. Is there a need to play them online? i really don't think so !

you will be disconnected from the internet automatically when you arrive at the first tee. then b4 your first T shot (what i do) Alt/ENTER to Desktop, shutdown AV & Firewall. Maximise Links, play away.

real important here >>>> when you sink the final putt on 18 DON'T CLICK CONTINUE BUTTON. leave it there (Links will want to connect to the server here if you DO click continue button, and we don't want that yet).

Alt/ENTER to Desktop, connect to internet. DO NOT start Firewall or AV !! immediately you are connected to the internet, quickly maximise Links THEN click that continue button (yes i know you have no internet securities running at the moment and that Russian spies are getting in LMAO but its only for a few seconds or so).

your scoring details will go straight thru :D

then IMMEDIATELY Alt/ENTER back to desktop (after you click continue and the score card is shown) and quickly start your Firewall and AV. Maximise Links, gloat at yer great score on the scorecard and continue on and exit Links.

this is the exact procedure i follow and it doesn't fail in getting those scoring details thru :D

and the reason why i leave Firewall/AV OFF when submitting the scoring details is i don't want anything blocking those details going thru. its worth the risk for those 15 seconds or so......haven't had a Russian spy :shock: yet LMAO

hope you get it going Chris

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby terrell on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:45 pm

did i say lw had the best step by step instructions? i stand corrected. (8
terrell

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:16 pm

What's with the alt tab.........tab alt stuff.........too confusing..........fire up links, got to settings and pick "offline"......find an event and off to the tee......a message will appear at the first tee, click "ok" and play away, nothing special.
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:16 pm

terrell wrote:did i say lw had the best step by step instructions? i stand corrected. (8

thanks Terrell :)

Murray, "horses for courses" as they say - and i've backed a winner with this horse
:D

8)
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:56 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
terrell wrote:did i say lw had the best step by step instructions? i stand corrected. (8

thanks Terrell :)

Murray, "horses for courses" as they say - and i've backed a winner with this horse
:D

8)

Nothing against you at all, but if the list of things required to play off line is longer than the available courses list, we will have peeps continue to report probs when playing online.Just click "offline" and play. The servers/connections/internet take care of them selves
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby BruceWallace on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:56 pm

Reading Chrispy's earlier posts, I am thinking a PEBCAK problem. :roll: :roll: :roll:
BruceWallace

Postby canuck on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:46 pm

Geez and i thought this Place was Perfect 8)
canuck

Postby OlderThanDirt on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:57 pm

Just gotta add that I play online everytime and have no such problems.....so obviously, it is the difference between PCs. If you are using any of that Symantec crap for "protection", the 1st move I'd suggest to you Chris, is trash that junk immediately. There are free programs that do as good or better job and do not use up all the PCs' resources or otherwise dominate your PC and your life.

Just my 2 cents....
Chris

Golf is like s e x: Never perfect, always good.
OlderThanDirt

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:12 am

BruceWallace wrote:Reading Chrispy's earlier posts, I am thinking a PEBCAK problem. :roll: :roll: :roll:

what's a PEBCAK Bruce ?

similar to a PIECOST ?

:lol:
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Next

Return to Talk About It