TIG Online Golf Club

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

TIG Online Golf Club

Postby Vins007 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm

The TIG Club is currently looking for new members. The TIG team plays lots of online golf, we have 3 in house events, we play 2 tours at TIGG Tours site. We have our own ladder ( not a cases one ) . We play in 2 team based tours called OGT and FFA against other clubs. You can check all these sites out thru our club site menu.
http://www.cebswebs.com/tig_club/

Please contact me if your interested in joining, or if you need help setting up Ventrillo.
I can also be reached on ICQ.

TIG_Vins
Vins007

Postby terrell on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:15 am

i'm curious as to the motivation behind the alternative tours. don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of anyone promoting links. but are alternative tours developed because lspn doesn't provide particular features? is there a desire to form a particular clique? do ya just enjoy links and maintaining a game room, and it's a hobby?

i've posted several times over the years i thought the linkstour or lspn were mistakenly trying to be all things to all people. rather than competing for players, a particular site's resources could be better utilized by focusing on being the best at serving access software/ms tourneys. or apcd tourneys. or v1.06 tourneys.
terrell

Postby AZWilly on Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:17 am

Terrell, the way I see it, it's another opportunity to play against a live opponent. Vins, btw, also has a sweet site that allows individuals/teams to play some very interesting matches (both for individual and team scores).
Though Matchmaker allows me to play some great (I call it fun) golf, the "team" aspect allows me to play against other team's players and help (probably more often hurt) a group of players that are my teammates.
In short, I'd say it's an excellent opportunity to meet some really good folks, and play some computer golf at the same time.
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:24 am

Same as clans on other video games aka Call of Duty, etc. People get together on Ventrilo or whatever and play a game together, against other clubs sometimes, or just for fun.
CYA
!
LaMa_2k6

Postby terrell on Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:38 am

thanks, willy and lama. so i'm getting the impression the typical alternative site springs up to give players a chance at playing head to head and on teams? nothing wrong with that, and most commendable. i agree lspn seems to be more for us introverted types that like staying in the background. (8
terrell

Re: TIG Online Golf Club

Postby Redskin on Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:06 pm

Vins007 wrote:We play in 2 team based tours called OGT and FFA against other clubs. You can check all these sites out thru our club site menu.
http://www.cebswebs.com/tig_club/

Just wanted to point out that these 2 Tours didn't just spring up. I've been playing both of them for years. I believe that the FFA tour is in its 10th year right now and I remember playing in the OGT when we had LS98. Nothing really new here -- just a couple of tours that are trying to keep this great game we play alive.
Redskin

Postby Vins007 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:59 pm

Thats right Jim, both those tours have been around a loooonnngg time, OGT the longest tour ever, still running i believe;
Est. June 11, 1997

So this is nothing new, it just lost alot of participation when Zone shut down cause alot of players didn't know where to go to find match's.

Many clubs have some great In House Tours too.

You can get links to all the clubs who play FFA and OGT at those tour sites.
http://ffatour.com/
http://www.ogtgolf.net/

Some of these team members play out of LSPN Lobby and some play out of DM Ventrillo.

:)
Vins007

Return to Talk About It