Combined Tournament.

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Combined Tournament.

Postby Giller on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:58 pm

How about we have a little competition combining 2 levels?
Wherever the PLSA is set up next week, have 4 rounds at ammy added to 4 rounds of elite to determine the outcome. (I chose these as the 2 extremes). There won't be a leaderboard but we can all do the math.
No chest thumping or level bashing, just purely for fun. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a mainly amateur player come out on top.
Giller

Postby Dr_Dave on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:14 pm

Not quite sure what you mean Giller? Are you saying that each person play 4 rounds of ammy PLSA and 4 rounds of elite PLSA and then combine the scores ?
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Giller on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:33 pm

yep
Giller

In

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:59 pm

Count me in. Im sure the -'s i have in ammy will be surpassed by the
+'s in elite :lol:

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:55 pm

I'll be there
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Harpo on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:59 pm

Qutoe:
It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a mainly amateur player come out on top.

I would be supprised if they did. The top elite players could easily beat a mainly amateur player by 10 to 15 strokes depending on the course where as I doubt if the mainly amateur can beat the top elite player by that many.
Jim
Harpo

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:00 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:Qutoe:
It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a mainly amateur player come out on top.

I would be supprised if they did. The top elite players could easily beat a mainly amateur player by 10 to 15 strokes depending on the course where as I doubt if the mainly amateur can beat the top elite player by that many.

depends on the conds

tryandtyoneon

Re: Combined Tournament.

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:22 pm

Giller wrote:No chest thumping or level bashing, just purely for fun. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a mainly amateur player come out on top.

Good luck with those 2 requirements

tryandtyoneon

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:13 am

I can understand the purely for fun part, but the outcome would be as evident as air.

The only ranked player I could find in ammy that also plays elite is deccie. That tells me ammy players are not playing elite at least in LSN events. Any elite player should be able to score well in an ammy tournament. But an ammy player not accustomed to elite play?? The combined score of that person in my opinion would be non competitive.

So I can see where the elite players would have fun with that. :)
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Giller on Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:12 am

I think Ole would give anyone a run for their money in that format.
My thinking was that the amateur players are more adept at actually making the holeouts, they know how much sidehill and up/down lies affect shots ( do they at all in ammy?) and have the know how to get more distance from shots etc at their level. In short, there are tricks of the trade which I think could be worth 12 to 20 shots over 4 rounds against someone going in blind.
There are also many amateur players who can find that snap, so a steady, conservative round at elite could put them right there.
Personally, the majority of my dropped shots at champ and elite are mis-read putts and there's no change between the levels for that (although a person should be putting from a lot closer most of the time at ammy).
I just thought it would create a little interest and yes, there was also a hidden agenda, I was trying to get a few more players to at least give elite a try, you never know if it would catch on with some.
Giller

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:02 am

Ole, Joe Smith, I think Murray has played around at elite, but my money would still be on the elite players hands down.

Oh, and the hidden agenda, very obvious! :wink: But even swinging one player would be worth the effort. Good luck and good shootin' :)
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby JoeSmith on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:15 pm

Best I can shoot at elite is about -6 and thats in no wind. I'd give it a go anyway just to see what I would shoot for the combined. Hitting the snap will tell the tale for me.
JoeSmith

Postby Westview on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:39 pm

Allow me to be the Devil's advocate here, and ask if this tournament would be for all swing types including RTS?
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby ErnieB on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:47 pm

Westview wrote:Allow me to be the Devil's advocate here, and ask if this tournament would be for all swing types including RTS?

ErnieB

Postby Harpo on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Westview wrote:Allow me to be the Devil's advocate here, and ask if this tournament would be for all swing types including RTS?

The PLSA's are setup as anyswing. :roll: As Giller suggests in the opening post.
Jim
Harpo

Next

Return to Talk About It