Who is Hot and Who is not?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Westview on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:49 am

There is a "probability ratio" formula I use to determine the return date of fellow linksters, but there has already been enough discussion about math formulas so I won't bother to post it. :wink:
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:52 am

you know global warming is for real when canadians start posting about hot days, even in july. here in miami, we are having the usual 90degF days with 80% humidity, and thankfully a lot of rain lately. my links game isn't all that hot, but it's been above average lately since mark has been putting up a lot of no-wind rounds, and fairly receptive greens, however tough the plsa tracks have been lately. lw

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:23 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:you know global warming is for real when canadians start posting about hot days, even in july. here in miami, we are having the usual 90degF days with 80% humidity, and thankfully a lot of rain lately. my links game isn't all that hot, but it's been above average lately since mark has been putting up a lot of no-wind rounds, and fairly receptive greens, however tough the plsa tracks have been lately. lw

Drop by for a coffee in February and tell me about global warming. Temps during a cold snap last year........The coldest temperature ever recorded at Winnipeg was -47.8°C (-54.0°F), on December 24, 1879. The coldest temperature during the last 25 years was -41.7°C (-43.1°F) on February 5, 2007 [2] The coldest wind chill reading ever recorded was -57.1 °C (-70.8 °F) on February 1, 1996. According to Environment Canada, Winnipeg is the coldest city in the world with a population of over 600,000.[3]

Summers are typically warm and often humid, particularly in June and July, with frequent (and sometimes severe) thundershowers. Occasionally, humidex readings exceed 40 °C (104 °F). The average maximum temperature for June, July, and August is 24.7 °C (76.5 °F). On average, the maximum daily temperature exceeds 30°C (86°F) on 11 days out of 92 for these three months and the minimum daily temperature falls to or below 2°C (36°F) on only one out of the 92 days. Depending on the year, warm weather can continue beyond Thanksgiving in October, or come to an abrupt end soon after Labour Day. The city often receives an Indian Summer, when summer weather returns briefly after the first frosts, in mid to late October, or even early November. The highest temperature ever recorded in Winnipeg (since commencement of record-keeping in 1873) was 42.2°C (108.0°F) on July 11, 1936. The hottest temperature recorded in the past 25 years was 38.8°C (101.8°F) on September 2, 1983. The highest humidex reading was 48.0°C (118.4°F) on July 25, 2007.
Spring and fall tend to be rather contracted seasons, each averaging little over six weeks. In general the weather during these seasons is highly variable, and rapidly changing. For example, temperatures in Winnipeg in May have ranged from -11.7 °C (10.9 °F) to 37.8 °C (100.0 °F), and in October from -20.6 °C (-5.1 °F) to 30.5 °C (86.9 °F).

Edit: just read that we are the sunniest city in Canada, so I'm stayin'
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby spitdoggy on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:28 am

more than i ever wanted to know about winlesspeg :lol:
All we are is the result of what we have thought.
spitdoggy

Postby JoeSmith on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:11 am

Hittman wrote:Antony Platt...................holy Schmidt.....outta the blue......dunno where this guy came from but he just blew away the Ammy field in this weeks' PLSA....

Only miss in the entire tourney was 17 in round 3....where he failed eagle on short P4....

Who is this masked man

gr8 shooting no matter...... -90

I decided to give this one a try after I saw that -90. Had a chance in the 3rd round to be -68 but had a 15 foot shot from the fringe for birdie and was going to putt and then changed my mind and decided to LW chip and [censored] when I started the swing I saw it wasn't in chip mode and zingggg 20 yards away it flys. Bogey! Now there's when you need mullies..lol. I might still make -87 today but that last round doesn't look like its going to yield any hole outs. Oh well, just shows that it takes maximum concentration to shoot that kind of score. Well done Antony.
JoeSmith

Previous

Return to Talk About It