putting

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:32 pm

Sorry but without wishing to be serious about a joke part of a thread but if there was a cheat for Links would anyone here really want to know??? Surely if you had a cheat then you wouldn't play the game anymore , tthere would be no point.

And the same would go for any other game anyone plays. If you work out the cheat and use it the game is pointless. Isn't it :?: :?: :?:
RoyHiggi

Postby GDI_Coyote on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:35 pm

Cheat would be defined as....charts/edging/integrals/chipping on the green/playing a wav during ones backswing?Or maybe here...http://www.cheatchannel.com/files/linksls2001.htm

You still have to hit snappy in clicking or you have to hit the correct buttons in,say an XBox game.It's all about practice sorta.It's also what you want out of the game.If you want all the praises knowing you have altered anything,maybe MrX is just the kind of person who likes others groveling at his/her feet.
GDI_Coyote

Postby GDI_Coyote on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:17 pm

Geez Roy...hang around in the lobby for a bit longer next time p.I didn't mean to press your "why did you post that" button.

Have fun with this game,

Steve

PS,i didn't mean "you" in the previous post...was a generalization.
GDI_Coyote

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:44 pm

I popped in to ask what your post meant but as you couldn't/ wouldn't explain I left. I had something to do anyway but will cya back there later maybe.
RoyHiggi

Postby GDI_Coyote on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 pm

If there are any grey areas in any of my posts,please copy/paste...i'll try to elaborate.
GDI_Coyote

Postby briso on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Why pick on on Roy ?, there are lots of guys not 2 far behind him in the rankings, are you calling them cheats as well ?
briso

Postby GDI_Coyote on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:19 pm

I never called anyone specific a cheat.I was merely pointing out some of the various forms of so called cheating.To quote a new friend of mine,"What planet are you from"?
GDI_Coyote

Postby briso on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:27 pm

more or less you are trying to say the guy is a a cheat, now if you have proof let us see it, if not just be jealous like the rest of us.
briso

Postby GDI_Coyote on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:39 pm

I'm envious of the 75 my partner shot today Bris.Never jealous of anything as it's a wasted emotion in my opinion.Please show me where i called him a cheat.Was it the RSSC comment?
GDI_Coyote

Postby HeavySwinger on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:23 pm

DennisHarris wrote:Yeeeee! Gaddddddddsss! Glad I don't use any of this % crap or higher math playing this game. I want to play golf, for gods sake! Not practice math. Aren't we getting a little carried away here gents. Really!

If players need degree's in math to be good and be great putters then this game is being played wrong IMO. Its certainly not being played as a game but rather an exercise to practice your engineering skills. Isn't that what the APCD should be used for. LMAO

A golf Sim or game should not be or become an exercise of calculus, integers etc. That IMO makes it a math game or Sim and not a golf game. If I need all this math to be a top player on this tour, or else where for that matter, it just ain't gonna happen. And thats ok too. I'll be happy playing down here with the average Joe's and guessing while you studs conduct your math class golfing Sim.

Make the game more realistic takes on a whole new meaning. It becomes an impossible task because math is what is used to build the game. So the more math calculations involved gives the math golfers an even bigger advantage. We average Joe's see the :idea: now for sure. :twisted: :roll: :lol:

The complex math was a joke - those integrals were not for the Links game
Math is a part of the game though, there are numbers on the clubs and the IRL pros use calculations. Mark Wilson for example is a heavy IRL math based player. Boo Weekley on the other hand plays by feel. They are both allowed to play their game on the tour. I did not get my putting % by reverse analyzing the game or finding cheat codes, they were all developed by practicing on a putting green.
Larry
HeavySwinger

cheats

Postby aarondsears on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:16 pm

now i am no expert but in computer gamers there are cheats but in cummputer golfn links thats is there are no cheat codes unleess it is a secret witch is kept at the highest level of this game but i dont think so, if you play alot yyou will get better or not well you wont believe me if you play this game alot you will get better and if you play long enough you will get better now i have drank alot of beer Corona Extra if you are interasted if not than so be it there are no cheats in this game there are persons that can play really well and they have the time to do it and if you have the time then do it roflmao so that is my story and im sticking to it one day ill be realy good at this game heheh some of you have played me so you know that if i give up the the beer it may be true you guys and gals are great love ya and keep hitting them hard.
Aaron
aarondsears

Postby DennisHarris on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 pm

HeavySwinger wrote:
DennisHarris wrote:Yeeeee! Gaddddddddsss! Glad I don't use any of this % crap or higher math playing this game. I want to play golf, for gods sake! Not practice math. Aren't we getting a little carried away here gents. Really!

If players need degree's in math to be good and be great putters then this game is being played wrong IMO. Its certainly not being played as a game but rather an exercise to practice your engineering skills. Isn't that what the APCD should be used for. LMAO

A golf Sim or game should not be or become an exercise of calculus, integers etc. That IMO makes it a math game or Sim and not a golf game. If I need all this math to be a top player on this tour, or else where for that matter, it just ain't gonna happen. And thats ok too. I'll be happy playing down here with the average Joe's and guessing while you studs conduct your math class golfing Sim.

Make the game more realistic takes on a whole new meaning. It becomes an impossible task because math is what is used to build the game. So the more math calculations involved gives the math golfers an even bigger advantage. We average Joe's see the :idea: now for sure. :twisted: :roll: :lol:

The complex math was a joke - those integrals were not for the Links game
Math is a part of the game though, there are numbers on the clubs and the IRL pros use calculations. Mark Wilson for example is a heavy IRL math based player. Boo Weekley on the other hand plays by feel. They are both allowed to play their game on the tour. I did not get my putting % by reverse analyzing the game or finding cheat codes, they were all developed by practicing on a putting green.

Larry was just poking fun at you and Doug myself. My post was ment to be a sarcastic humorous response to all the responses to that point. Guess folks took me as serious. Sorry bout that.

In the End of my post I did use emoticons like ------> :twisted: :cry: :lol:

Yes sir you have practiced a lot to learn your %ages, we played many a funner. You engineers are all alike never a simple + or _ like the beer drinking blue collar guys (me) always that sophisticated % or integers crap. :wink: :lol: :D
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:47 am

while certain techniques for maximizing scoring average for ranking purposes in the past have been cause for concern [green chipping, cherry picking, handicap manipulation], a number of us over time have posted statistically based conclusions, based on the tour's past and present smooth distribution of scoring averages which correspond exactly to the normal distribution, that the likelihood of any cheat code being used in tour play is vanishingly small.

all those small fiddles being used to maximize ranking points hardly move the curve at all in a macro sense. that doesn't mean that these techniques shouldn't be discouraged (the tour has cured one, is working on a second, and probably needs some will power on the third), because players need to know that they are playing on a reasonably level field, whatever their ability. that being said, no one is getting scragged by guys with a cheat code.

even in real life there is that tiny highest percentile who are just very much better than even the talented players. lw

________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby gibby on Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:46 am

It's high school,AA,AAA and major league players all in one pot.
And whoever picks up the learning curve faster rises to the top.
I use to dread f/f conditions but I'm playing much better recently, mostly due to my approach shots, which makes putting that much easier.
You don't need to be a math major, just use some common sense in your shot selection and your brain will remember.

edit: will see how many brain farts I have when I play Devil's island later
gibby

Postby GDI_Coyote on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:25 am

C ept the Braves got the Bahston Sox farm team here....are they really transplanted rednecks? :shock: :idea: :?: :!: :?
GDI_Coyote

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It