Favourite Offical Tour Course w/e 15/7

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

What was your favourite course to play on the offical tour this week and why?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:48 am

TPC@DeereRun_v2
22%
Shinnecock Hills
31%
Wyntoon Club
13%
Whitewebbs.GC
No votes
Olympia Fields CC North Course
No votes
Jacob's Creek Golf Club
4%
Pebble Beach Golf Links (LS)
18%
Castle Pines Golf Club (2000)
No votes
Valderrama Golf Club
No votes
Pinehurst No. 2 (2000)
9%

Total votes : 22

Favourite Offical Tour Course w/e 15/7

Postby Justin_I on Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:48 am

I haven't had a lot of time to play this week, only played the stableford so far... it would have been easy tp pick Olympia Fields North as I hit my first ever links Ace there this morning, not on some wimpy 145yd hole with an eight iron either but the 245yd 17th with a sweet three wood... was having a very ordinary round, bit of the morning after the night before syndrome, but the Ace made up for the rest of the round!

I did vote for Wyntoon, first time I have palyed it, what a super course, challenging layout... well it ate my lunch anyway, love the first four holes through woodland down to the coast, completely unexpected, play along the coast then the finishing few holes back to the club house through the woods again. Last week I wrote in a post that I dislike the 600m+ par fives, I take that back now, a couple of the par 5 holes at Wyntoon are 600m+ but are a fantastic challenge, par is no guarantee and you have to play it well just to make that.

A few con's... the crowds went home after the first two holes, I maybe played badly but going home was a bit rude, but I think it is a course better without the crowds anyway. Also the final hole seemed a little too easy after the rest of the course, pretty straight forward par 5 you expect to birdie at worse... after the fist 17 holes you are thinking, my god what is the last hole going to be like, then you get one of the easier holes on the course.

All that said I rate Wyntoon very highly, Mark Franzoia did a fantastic job. <insert wildly clapping and cheering emoticons here>

I would play any tournament featuring Wyntoon, even thought about stepping up to Champ Stableford just so I could play it again!

Note: Limit to the number of poll options you can use (10), so I made an executive decision to remove a few of the MS courses, notably Hapauna, Kapalua Bay & Village and Princeville.
Justin_I

Postby terrell on Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:04 am

congrats on the ace (still looking for my first one). don't worry about not posting the ms courses. most of us have played them 100's of times, and we sorta take them for granted anyway.
terrell

Return to Talk About It