What happens next

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

What happens next

Postby kingeric on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:20 am

i am new to links 2003 great golf sim my question is i have just finished playing in a tournament i am just wondering what happens now ? also how do i see where i am ranked?
thanks kingeric
kingeric

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:37 am

K, you have to complete two more 72 hole events at the difficulty level and swing type you have chosen to be ranked. the monday after you have completed these two additional events, you can look up your ranking on the home page under "rankings". lw
Last edited by Larry_Warrilow on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry_Warrilow

Postby gibby on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:37 am

need to complete 3 events in the same skill level and swing type, then Mon morning ck the home page under the tab my stats
gibby

Postby jeff1955 on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:40 am

Hi KingEric, welcome to Links :)

To get 'ranked' you must complete 3 whole tournaments (that means 12 rounds) at a particular skill level (ammy, pro, champ elite) and swing type. You can get ranked in as many combinations of these as you wish.

Rankings are updated weekly, usually Sunday/Monday, and new sets of tournaments are then made available for the following week.

Depending on your performance you will be allocated a 'flight' - a mini-league, members of your flight are pretty much at your ability level.

To access your stats, rankings and much more this link takes you to the main LSPN page;

http://www.lspn.net/

Have an explore, the tabs at the top are self-explanatory and there is a getting started section.
Make sure you have a look at the filters available by clicking the OPTIONS tab. tick the boxes which are of interest to you (all of them if you wish.) These filters automatically control what games you see when you boot up Links, go online, select Links Tour and finally get alook at the games available.

As far as playing ranking tournaments is concerned only those marked PLSA, CLSC, RAW and FLHT in the LEAGUE column on the LINKS available Tournaments page count towards your ranking. Games marked L2K3 are tournaments set up by any of us and were called 'arcade' games. If you want to set up a tournament yourself you do it from the main LSPN page (the link I added to this message earlier.)

Hope this helps get you going ... suffice to say if you can get 3 whole tournaments (12 rounds!) played before late Sunday you will probably get your ranking and flight this Monday.

Jeff
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes" - Roy Batty
jeff1955

Return to Talk About It