Disqualified

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Disqualified

Postby Westview on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:29 pm

During 4th round of my Flight tournament, the game froze on 10th hole.
Had to exit with a message saying I would be disqualified. I clicked on the requal link, and was penalized 3 strokes(already had 1 penalty stroke from a previous crash)
Re-started Links with message"would you like to resume?" I clicked "yes" and message said "sorry you cannot resume this tournament".
When I tried to exit, I received another message saying I would be disqualified.

Why am I asked to requalify, then get an error message saying I cannot requalify? Then I cannot exit without being disqualified again and taking more penalty strokes.

Oh well, it's only a short test season. Maybe I'll try again next week. 8)
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Re: Disqualified

Postby HeavySwinger on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:34 pm

Westview wrote:During 4th round of my Flight tournament, the game froze on 10th hole.
Had to exit with a message saying I would be disqualified. I clicked on the requal link, and was penalized 3 strokes(already had 1 penalty stroke from a previous crash)
Re-started Links with message"would you like to resume?" I clicked "yes" and message said "sorry you cannot resume this tournament".
When I tried to exit, I received another message saying I would be disqualified.

Why am I asked to requalify, then get an error message saying I cannot requalify? Then I cannot exit without being disqualified again and taking more penalty strokes.

Try this next time:
Don't click on any requal links. After it won't let you resume, log out of and back into LSPN in the game. When you log back into LSPN you should get the resume and it should work this time. I read this in a post somewhere and haven't verified it, but it's worth a try.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Re: Disqualified

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:40 pm

HeavySwinger wrote:
Westview wrote:During 4th round of my Flight tournament, the game froze on 10th hole.

Try this next time:
Don't click on any requal links. After it won't let you resume, log out of and back into LSPN in the game. When you log back into LSPN you should get the resume and it should work this time. I read this in a post somewhere and haven't verified it, but it's worth a try.

Correct, for some reason lately, you need to restart links twice, the second time usually allows a resume
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Westview on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:10 pm

Thanks for the information guys.
Hopefully it won't happen again, but it's good to know what the fix is.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Return to Talk About It