gas price

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

gas price

Postby djwoods10 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:55 pm

hay guys next time your local gas station gets a load of gas you will find prices going up 36 cents prices today are going up again at 6pm central time so top off your cars today
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

or just stay home and play links

Postby HeavySwinger on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:29 pm

:D
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:35 am

He must own a gas station, our price went down 6 cents overnight. :shock:
LaMa_2k6

Postby GDI_Coyote on Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:27 am

SC prices are in the top 5 cheapest in the US so it's a non issue for me.I recommend investing into a couple of the gas companies or refiners if you feel you are being gouged(you are).After investing in said companies,pray for a hurricane.Yeah gas might go to 4-5 bucks a gallon,but the stocks will go off too.Maybe the US will be more inclined to fund alternative sources as a result as well.Win/win situation.

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby Westview on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:22 am

Gas is already $4.00 per gallon here in Ontario Canada. :shock:
You Americans are lucky to have cheaper gas.

Here in Canada gas is sold by the liter. For those interested, here is the conversion formula...
1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.785 liters
Average Toronto Ontario gas price today = $1.06 per liter
$1.06 X 3.785 = $4.01 per Gallon
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Dr_Dave on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:41 am

Jim, Canada should pay more than the U.S. for gas, it's retribution for all the cold air you send us. :wink:
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby djwoods10 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:21 am

nope dont own a gas station i haul the gas to gas stations i no what prices aer doing everyday if prices are going up we have to have as many stations loaded on a truck before price change
djwoods10

Postby canuck on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:52 am

Dr_Dave wrote:Jim, Canada should pay more than the U.S. for gas, it's retribution for all the cold air you send us. :wink:

you think its just cold air :lol: we flavour it too :roll:
canuck

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am

So Steve, if it's $2.65 avg. there per gallon (I didn't google it, I may or may not be close) and it's $2.95 avg here ( I did google that cus I live here), that's $.30/gallon. You don't leave the keyboard, so you can't drive more than 1000 miles a year, so I guess I understand why you say It doesn't affect you ! Me, well I drive about 40,000 miles per year, and I feel the slight fluctuations in price. But riding my bike isn't an option. He He!
LaMa_2k6

Postby terrell on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:50 am

paul brings up an extemely good point. public transportation simply isn't an option in the u.s. oil refiners and distributors know this, the u.s. is a capitalistic society, so if there's an extra dollar to be made, they're going to s u c k it from you.

i lived in abingdon, england for two years. i drove to london and southampton one time, then it was bus and train from then on. you can goto london, scotland, wales, and stonehenge, and never hafta even think about what the heck the gas prices are (though they were extremely higher there, than in the u.s.).

conversely, if i wanna goto cincinnati, lexington, or louisville (forget chicago or cleveland), it's a two day bus ride, and there hasn't been a passenger train around here for 20 years (before my time). i even have a coupla where to find the cheap gas sites bookmarked, but invariably, i gotta drive 20 miles outta the way to get to them. kinda defeats the purpose.
terrell

Postby HammaH on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:57 am

GDI_Coyote wrote:SC prices are in the top 5 cheapest in the US so it's a non issue for me.I recommend investing into a couple of the gas companies or refiners if you feel you are being gouged(you are).After investing in said companies,pray for a hurricane.Yeah gas might go to 4-5 bucks a gallon,but the stocks will go off too.Maybe the US will be more inclined to fund alternative sources as a result as well.Win/win situation.

Steve

Win/win situation for everyone....except those hit by the hurricane maybe?!? Last I checked we haven't figured out a way to get those puppies to just hit refineries and not suburban areas. Careful Stevie, SC hasn't been hit in a while, I hope you didn't just poon yourself.
HammaH

Postby DennisHarris on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:02 pm

It is a fact the US has done nothing to curb its dependence on foreign oil in 30 years. Fuel has been an issue in America sense the 1970's. And nothing, absolutely nothing has been done about it by state or federal governments, and that includes California.

A national speed limit of 55 was imposed in all 50 states in the mid 70's. Reducing all highway speeds to 55 to save fuel. Not a huge savings but enough to help. However individual state legislatures have slowly pushed speed limits back to pre mid 70's levels. Saying the 55 MPH speed limit was not enforceable. (another seperate issue)

Fuel Efficiency standards have not been increased for 20 years until recently. So that includes both democratic and republican controlled Capital hill. So both parties are at fault.

Folks Nobody in Washington or elsewhere for that matter (state governments/ private sector) has done anything in 30 years about fuel consumption. We Americans deserve 8.00 a gallon fuel costs but only have 4.00 or less. The deification will hit the rotary oscillator soon and its getting close. Public Transportation in the US sucks because the feds/state governments wont fund or support it. Some area's (New York City) (and other big citys) have a great public tansportation system however its supported (funded) by the city government too.

Every other developed country has government funding and control of its public transportation. Our public transportation system is in the same boat as our healthcare system broken.

We deserve and should demand more and better from our government.
Last edited by DennisHarris on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Westview on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:16 pm

Yes but even the public transit system is dependant on oil(except subways and street cars).
Oil is a non renewable resource. Once supply runs low enough, prices will sky rocket and there will be anarchy in the streets. People will be murdered for gasoline.

To avoid this, the only solution is to find viable substitutes.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby djwoods10 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:13 pm

they have a thing they call bio ethanal is bio for gas i cant remember what percentage of that is in the gas and now soybeen oil in the diesel 11% of that
djwoods10

Postby Hogan1956 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:46 pm

Gas hits 4 bucks and dj better start hauling something else lol.....hate to see a good guy get hurt for doing his job...... but folks gonna start hijacking them puppies for that kind of money.
Hogan1956

Next

Return to Talk About It