Reward offered

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Reward offered

Postby gibby on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:03 am

Sometime between Sunday night and Monday it went missing.
There'e something in the bag that looks like it, but is not working.
Checking around the house,maybe the dog buried it? Wife may have tossed it? Haven't ck'd the bottom of the pool yet.
Oh well, maybe by the end of the week it will show up.
gibby

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:07 am

not only am i probably one of the worst links putters, but i'm equally as bad irl. i've tried lots of stuff over the years to try to improve my stroke, but nothing seems to help. last weekend, i saw a commercial where they could build a putter to match your (however bad) stroke. i'm only on my second putter ever, and i'm not one to go out spending money on new clubs, just because they're new/improved, but it's something i need to think about. or take up fishing.
terrell

Postby KiwiDan on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:11 am

I think ive found it! Is it the one that hits 10 footers with regular accuracy, and insane 45 degree 6-10 footers? If so Its fallen into my bag somehow.... dont know how it got there!
Learn from everything you do and aim for perfection. Dan.
KiwiDan

Postby gibby on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:15 am

only played irl a couple of times, back in my teens. But being 6ft7in tall and having a bad back about 6 knee operations and rotator cuff. I never thought about picking up the game.
Enjoy watching the game, seeing how its you the ball and your mechanics. Nobody to blame but yourself.
gibby

Postby gibby on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:17 am

KiwiDan wrote:I think ive found it! Is it the one that hits 10 footers with regular accuracy, and insane 45 degree 6-10 footers? If so Its fallen into my bag somehow.... dont know how it got there!

yep that's it, when your done PLEASE return to sender
gibby

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:05 am

gib, in real life i am a very hot or very average putter. some days everything goes in and my partner and i make some real money, or other days i am just an average hack. luckily, i hardly ever have bad putting days.

even after 32 putts in the f/f first round at the champ links plsa at deere run, it could have been worse considering the hole locations. and well (lol), that's the way i have to blow it off to stay sane. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby JoeSmith on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:57 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:gib, in real life i am a very hot or very average putter. some days everything goes in and my partner and i make some real money, or other days i am just an average hack. luckily, i hardly ever have bad putting days.

even after 32 putts in the f/f first round at the champ links plsa at deere run, it could have been worse considering the hole locations. and well (lol), that's the way i have to blow it off to stay sane. lw

You should have tried Deere Run in Champ MOD. I was feeling pretty good at 2 under going into the par 5 17th and I put it on in 2 about 50 feet short. Figured 2 putts and another birdie until I stood over that putt and saw the hole on the edge of that slope in the back right corner and firm fast. No way was a 2 putt going to happen. 6 shots later I finally got it in the hole for a sweet triple bogey. First putt I aimed 25 feet left and it still rolled off the green into the bunker. I swear I could actually see the smiling clowns face on the green. Gotta love the MOD for shear entertainment!
JoeSmith

Postby Modman1 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:46 pm

JoeSmith wrote:
Larry_Warrilow wrote:gib, in real life i am a very hot or very average putter. some days everything goes in and my partner and i make some real money, or other days i am just an average hack. luckily, i hardly ever have bad putting days.

You should have tried Deere Run in Champ MOD. I was feeling pretty good at 2 under going into the par 5 17th and I put it on in 2 about 50 feet short. Figured 2 putts and another birdie until I stood over that putt and saw the hole on the edge of that slope in the back right corner and firm fast. No way was a 2 putt going to happen. 6 shots later I finally got it in the hole for a sweet triple bogey. First putt I aimed 25 feet left and it still rolled off the green into the bunker. I swear I could actually see the smiling clowns face on the green. Gotta love the MOD for shear entertainment![/quote

Triple was good. I was 4 under and was even par after that hole. Was shooting for a bird...13 ft from the hole.
We never have time to do it right, but we always find time to do it over.
Modman1

Return to Talk About It