Victory

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Victory

Postby brokenclub on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:19 pm

I won a tourament...the lights on broadway went out, the atomic clock skipped a second or two
I like to thank my computer, my beer distributor, and most of all my girlfriend...sorry just choking up a little bit... who..sniff er sniff ...who never told me i am crazy.
brokenclub

Postby terrell on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:21 pm

wtg, stu! i'm still looking for my first one. first round's on you.
terrell

Postby IBHackin on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Very Well Done Stu.

I too need to fluff a bit as I won my 1st 2 tourneys this week. Well I tied for the win at Pro Congressional with Roy, but that's as good as a win.

So where to we pick up our checks? :lol:

Steve
IBHackin

Postby tryandtyoneon on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:51 pm

Nicely done stu!!

Thanks to Chip challenging me last week I won 2 of 'em...sweaty palms throughout every round but was worth it.

WTG!! :D
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby terrell on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:00 pm

geez o' pete. am i the only linkster that hasn't won a tournament? i got close, i came in second a coupla weeks ago. but it was just me & lw in the tournament!
terrell

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:09 pm

WTG Stu !! well done :wink:

here, i got my 2nd Flight C pro click win in a row :P but now am in flight B :cry: :cry:

and almost got Giller in Champ level at the Links Championship. Champ is a level where you really don't wanna go LMAniO :lol: :lol:

congrats again Stu, it feels good, hey !

:)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Westview on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:54 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:WTG Stu !! well done :wink:

here, i got my 2nd Flight C pro click win in a row :P but now am in flight B :cry: :cry:

:D
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Westview wrote:

:cry:

its only temporary tho. As Arnie (*ahem* Swartzeneger said) (((((( "I'LL BE BACK TO C" ))))))

LMAniO

Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Westview on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:42 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
Westview wrote:

:cry:

its only temporary tho. As Arnie (*ahem* Swartzeneger said) (((((( "I'LL BE BACK TO C" ))))))

LMAniO

Hmmm...maybe, but you're a pretty good player. I think you deserve to be in B Flight, maybe even A :shock:

Your game has really improved over the last year or so. Congrats on your big improvement. :D
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby brokenclub on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:43 pm

thanks alot linksters....all those finger excisors payed off. countless hours of practice...how many cases of beer.. F flight bound.. thanks again
brokenclub

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Westview. tyvm for your kind words there mate. its just the last 2 or 3 months the snap has come real good.....am now hitting somewhere between 5 and 7 LMHO. and there are some very good players in the flights and in general that push one along a bit further.

but not A flight thanks........that's like Champ level >>> a place where you don't wanna live LMHO. nice for a quick visit tho :shock:

good luck in your games West

Stu. more beer please for everyone

:P
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:32 am

T, while we were the only two left standing at the champ shaking tree no reQ invitational, i could hardly take credit for a victory. most guys were busy qualifying for tour ranking, and the -10 i shot would have been good for a 10th place finish most weeks at best.

the plsa style champ level no-reQ invitationals are now over because we now have a real plsa event every week that counts for ranking. however, i have another boutique arcade event in the works that may interest both pro and champ players. stay tuned. lw

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:01 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:i have another boutique arcade event in the works that may interest both pro and champ players. stay tuned. lw

THAT'S what i'm talkin' about! i was pretty bummed when you didn't put up an event last week. i almost started a thread on what gives, but i figured if you wanted to take the time and effort, you would. lookin' forward to anything you got. (8

disclaimer: always on the lookout for interesting venues, versus official events.
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:48 am

the new event will be called under the radar, and will be conducted on courses that most players have probably never played, and may have never heard of. of the first 25 courses i tagged as possibles for this event, i was surprised, but also gratified, that warren had already put up 17 of them in the tour course list. however, interestingly, seven of the first twelve i have scheduled are not currently on the tour list.

these specialized venue tournaments will only be 36 hole events with a reQ, so they won't take much time away from regular tour events. besides identical weekly n/m/n conditions in first rounds and b/m/f in the second rounds, they will have the same individually selected custom hole locations that i lavished on the old invitational events: as tough as i can make them. i'm going to put up this event at pro and champ, and will play in both.

this event will be for those players who are interested in playing fairly rare venues. most of these venues are relatively small downloads for those players who do not already have them. while some will actually be real world, all will be within real world architectural parameters.

the first week, i'm putting up a course by a great designer that may well be familiar to the connoiseurs, but probably not to the rank and file. the following weeks will be much more recondite. lw

________
Last edited by Larry_Warrilow on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Justin_I on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:42 am

Larry, sounds great... one of the joys to me of this game is being able to play different venues... I download so many that I never play, must have about 250 course on disk now, and be lucky to have played 50 of them... did set up a season in Links once to play them but there was just no competitive drive to it... so I'll be in when under the radar kicks off. Be sure to post a reminder though!
Justin_I

Next

Return to Talk About It