Pins at the JD Classic Pro

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby terrell on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:08 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:...but that may have been because i wasn't (lol) sipping that guatemalan ron facapa centenario 23 year old rum as in the first (+4) round. lw

you definitely wanna go into john deere with the eyes wide open. all four rounds spanked me hard, but the second and fourth rounds seemed to be a bit of a reprieve. i was thinking about what lw says about playing smart when i went for the green on a par five, with lots of hydrogen oxide lurking starboard. no sweat, struck a perfect lofted 3 wood 12/6 right at the pin. first, there was a sense of great self actualization. a decent round was going to become suddenly respectable. then, horror set in as i realized i hadn't taken the hump striping the green into account, and the ball, as with some primordial purpose, takes the right hand turn into the liquid nemesis. doh!!!
terrell

Postby Cheezer on Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:01 pm

TT_AZWilly wrote:as a side note...I discovered the greens played easier the 2nd round if I just chipped or flew the ball in the hole :P

Chipping on the greens :shock: Get the rope out boys and find a big tree, we are having a necktie party :lol:
Cheezer

Postby AZWilly on Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:05 pm

:lol: ...nah, I just either missed the green alot , or got a fortuitous hop LOL
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby Danlo on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it tough!

After the benign conditions at Esker Field last week the John Deere felt a bit like being hit by a tractor...
Danlo

Previous

Return to Talk About It