"Important Sir Terrell"

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

"Important Sir Terrell"

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:10 pm

on the forum's main page, at the bottom it shows Registered Users presently online in the forum.

i have noticed that when it shows Terrell, the name is in BOLD

does that mean (lol) that T is very important in here or something
:?:

:roll: :wink:

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Westview on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Terrell is a Moderator here at the forum, maybe that's why?
Not sure though, it may be a mystery.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby DennisHarris on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Terrell is simply emboldened because he is a moderator. 8) :lol: :wink:

So Yes He is a very important spoke in the wheel around here.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:46 pm

lol. i'm not too sure about the important spoke part. but westview and dennis are correct, it's the moderator thing (and that's really only because brucebo got tired of me asking him things all the time, so he thought he could get rid of me by making me a mod. i coulda told him that wouldn't work). and it could also be because i'm one of the crazies that have been here the longest, so my name is burned into your crt (your results may vary if you're using an lcd).
terrell

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:50 pm

thanks for the answers. i meant it as a sincere question which was was mainly out of curiosity.

......and it is clearly burned into my crt.

(*humbly bowing* lol oh Mr. Moderator )
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:49 pm

like i said, rob. it's mostly honorary because bruce got tired of having to respond to my pm's (he tried ignoring me, but everytime i sent a pm, he got another email. peeps at work were beginning to talk). (8
terrell

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:22 pm

terrell wrote:like i said, rob. it's mostly honorary....... (8

and a necessary job too. well done sir !

yeah, those peeps lol

:)
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Bruce Bo on Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:37 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:

yeah, those peeps lol

if you really want to know, i'm a moderator in the truest sense. i try to keep things "moderate", even keel, and remind everyone when necessary, to keep it respectful, sort of like not coughing when your opponent is in his backswing.... but if you want answers, Terrell is the guy. plus he's here like FULL time.. where i am only able to pop in here and there to check the keel, and respond to name change requests.

Terrell is far too modest, and yet totally outspoken at the same time... how can that be?
a valued cog none-the-less~
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:09 pm

BruceBo wrote:
JackRussellTerror wrote:

yeah, those peeps lol

if you really want to know, i'm a moderator in the truest sense. i try to keep things "moderate", even keel, and remind everyone when necessary, to keep it respectful, sort of like not coughing when your opponent is in his backswing.... but if you want answers, Terrell is the guy. plus he's here like FULL time.. where i am only able to pop in here and there to check the keel, and respond to name change requests.

Terrell is far too modest, and yet totally outspoken at the same time... how can that be?
a valued cog none-the-less~

anyone can give ya a link to solve a problem , but can he draw it out for peeps :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby GDI_Coyote on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:11 pm

on the forum's main page, at the bottom it shows Registered Users presently online in the forum.

i have noticed that when it shows Terrell, the name is in BOLD

does that mean (lol) that T is very important in here or something :?:

Yes,he is a very important tool.
GDI_Coyote

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:03 am

as a seemingly 24 hour denizen of the tech forum, terrell has had an enormous number of satisfied customers over the years. however his ID appears, he has earned it in spades, and we would all be greatly the poorer if he were not around. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:04 am

my instinct tells me to let the thread go (rob had a legitimate question, and it's been answered), but when someone deserves recognition (not myself), i usually give it. so here goes:

@bruce

truly the best moderator we've ever had (sorry mark, but you're kinduva propeller head, and human psychology sometimes escapes you). yes, i know, the fanboys will think that's brownnosing, but anyone that's been here more than a week knows better. i know my limitations, and i admire it when someone goes about their job far better than i could ever perform it.

@steve

someday when you're older, you'll understand that not everything people say to you, that you don't wanna hear, is always a bad thing. i'm very surprised a player of your calibre continues to be catty like a middle school girl.

@murray

yes, i could diagram answers out, replete with pictures (and skip the social commentaries), but i don't think that's the most effective way of teaching. i like the socrates approach, where asking a rhetorical question is oft times more informative than the answer itself. if someone learns where to find the answers...well, that's why i like doing it my way.

@larry

lol, yeah, but with all those satisfied customers comes a litany (ya ever notice how i attempt to improve my vocabulary when i post to you?) of peeps that wanna tear my throat out. it's funny how working in an engineering group, ya walk around all day with a big bull's-eye on your back, how it carries over here. we enjoy the attention and relish the challenge. (8
terrell

Postby ErnieB on Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:18 am

LOL
ErnieB

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:39 am

T, i audio-engineered at the montreal jazz festival on 4 july, a concert that i believe as a professional was as good as i have ever done in my whole 35 year career, yet afterward there was actually one individual who insisted that i had totally screwed up. thus there will always be uninformed persons. while one must always listen to valid criticism if one wants to continue to learn, long time pros know that some folks cannot be pleased. those of us confident in our ability, backed by a long history of success, know where the line is drawn. lw

_____
Larry_Warrilow

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:27 am

T........totally kidding, thought I put enough winks at the end, I've posted many threads looking for help from you specifically.The only reason I went to the extent I did lately was loads of time on my hands.

Besides, if Ernie can do it.........................
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Next

Return to Talk About It