Weird

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Weird

Postby Bassmaster on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:16 pm

Played rd 1 of the AT & T at Congressional and when going in to play rd 2 I'm told that I don't have a compatible course to play for rd 2. This is a new one to me. Guess i'll try to d/l it.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Dr_Dave on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:28 pm

Rick you probably have two Congressional courses and Links is getting confused, it doesn't take much. I would just delete the older one and you should be good to go. :D
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Bassmaster on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:42 pm

I checked my course file and found that every course was gone except for about 12 of them. I restored back to July 1st and everything seems fine. Now I just need to try a round. [censored] new computer, haven't quite got it fully set up yet. I had to new MS updates, now I got to figure out how to disable atuomatic updates on the Vista program.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Bassmaster on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:41 pm

This makes no sense to me. I disabled the password prompt that pops up when the computer starts up so that the computer fires up on its own. This is when I notice that I only have 12 courses(it happened again). So I go back in and re-configure my settings for a password prompt upon start up and now I have my full version of Links Courses. :?: :?: :?:
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:52 pm

didja use the 'control usernames2' thingy like in xp (sorry, i blew away vista, so i can't try it out on this machine)? do you have the same username defaulting when you have the login, as when you bypass it?

edit: oops. my bad. it's 'control userpasswords2'. dunno if the same thing applies with vista.
terrell

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:25 am

Thanks Terrell, I'll check it out
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Return to Talk About It