Bethpage Black 2006

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Bethpage Black 2006

Postby footsie1 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:11 pm

When I try to play Bethpage Black 2006, Links says I don't have the course. I go to course manager and it is listed as "unnamed course". I go to Explorer and look in the Links 2003 course folder and it's listed as "Bethpage Black 2006". I go back into Links course manager and click on "unnamed course" and my pc freezes and I end up having to reboot. Deleted the course and downloaded it again. Same thing happened. The same thing happened when I tried to play Shinnecock Hills. I have over 70 courses in Links 2003 course folder and only have had this problem with these two courses. Anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks
footsie1

Postby Dr_Dave on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:25 pm

If you downloaded and extracted the latest version from Links Corner, it should read Bethpageblack2006v2_locked.crz in what ever folder you keep all your courses. Go to the Course Manager and click ADD, then put an X in the box with the same name as above. That should work like a charm.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby footsie1 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:04 am

I have no trouble getting the course into the courses folder. However it goes in as "Unnamed (Bethpage Black2006v2_locked.crz)". When I use your method. next to the select box it also reads "Unamed(Bethpage Black2006v2_locked.crz)". When I select course ID, the file name is correct but above it says Unnamed. If i try to play a practice round I will select "Unnamed" as the course but it won't let me select any holes to play. Same with Shinnecock. Im sure the problem is the "Unnamed" part. Why it goes in that way is befuddling. No where does it indicate that till it goes into the Links courses folder. Same with Shinnecock. Just those two courses.
footsie1

Postby terrell on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:39 am

hmmm, if you hadn't been kickin' my hiney in 2k3 tournaments, i would think you're attempting to load 2k3 courses with 2k1 (lewaw, et al, suggestion at links corner).

alternatively, try deleting this file:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Links 2003\Course Data\course.dat

restart links, and the file will rebuild itself (dc tip).

edit: your course.dat may be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\microsoft games\Links 2003\Course Data
terrell

Postby Dr_Dave on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:43 am

Try renaming the file by deleting everything in front of Bethpage and then add it again using your Course Manager. The unnamed thing is definitely weird. The renaming should work.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby SteveFr on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:50 pm

I had the same problem a while ago when about six or 8 courses that i hadn't used for ages suddenly were listed as unnamed.

I deleted them in Course Manager (but said 'no' to remove from hard disk question) and then added them again in Course manager from the same location. They were still the original crz's, I didn't download them again. They've been ok since.

Steve

Edit: Mind you, in my case, I don't recall the crz including 'unnamed' in the name.
SteveFr

Return to Talk About It