Rankings Format

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Rankings Format

Postby KiwiDan on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:39 am

I Dont know if its been mentioned yet (I dont get to the forums as often as I should), but it would seem as though rankings are based soley on score at present.

This is not a complaint, I just want to know if this is how it will continue to be, or if other factors are eventually going to be taken into consideration (Driving accuracy, Greens in regulation, course difficulty etc), because if not, maybe it would be a good idea to pick the tournaments I play in a little more carefully!

Dont want to have to be that cynical :(
Learn from everything you do and aim for perfection. Dan.
KiwiDan

Postby gibby on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:47 am

couple of things going on here's 1
http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... t=rankings
go to search type in rankings and look for the ones wtih Mark or admin involved.
gibby

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:50 am

i think you're correct, rankings seem to be driven primarily by score so far. but it has been discussed, when some kind of credible method of ranking courses can be agreed upon, other factors may be used.

KiwiDan wrote:maybe it would be a good idea to pick the tournaments I play in a little more carefully!

aaaccckkk! as one who never worries about rankings/score/what anyone else is doing, i'm driven solely by choosing venues i find interesting. sometimes i'll notice a particular individual in a tournament i like gauging myself against. try not to worry too much about rankings, have fun.
terrell

Postby KiwiDan on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:57 am

Thanks for that gibby, some good Ideas there :D should never of doubted the great work Mark and the tour admin are doing!
KiwiDan

Postby gibby on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:59 am

admin & Mark are 1 in the same
gibby

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:05 am

gibby wrote:admin & Mark are 1 in the same

but have you actually seen them in the same room?
terrell

Postby Westview on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:07 am

I've seen Mark and DC in the same room. :wink:
What ever happened to DC anyway? :?
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby KiwiDan on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:10 am

[

aaaccckkk! as one who never worries about rankings/score/what anyone else is doing, i'm driven solely by choosing venues i find interesting. sometimes i'll notice a particular individual in a tournament i like gauging myself against. try not to worry too much about rankings, have fun.[/quote]

Good for you terrell. I dont doubt for a moment people play to have fun, I myself have fun playing whilst fullfilling my strong competitive side! Hence my interest in the ranking system.

nothing wrong with that is there? ....different strokes for different folkes!
KiwiDan

Postby gibby on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:12 am

Westview wrote:I've seen Mark and DC in the same room. :wink:

as soon as all the events start being windy and difficult you'll know he's back
gibby

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:47 am

gibby wrote:

mark said dc has been busy, and he hasn't talked to him for awhile. dunno if that means six months or a coupla days. huge loss, i've always admired the way dc could stay cool under pressure, while ignorance was raging around him. conversely, i've had to erase a coupla comments concerning dan's insecurities, so i'm not quite anywhere near that yet. (8
terrell

Postby Dr_Dave on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:05 am

gibby wrote:

Bite your tongue gibby!! Other than the few who play Links as an extension of their S&M practice, the tournaments created near the end of the Links Tour were ridiculous!
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:46 am

lol. educated guy like you, dave, should understand the gamer versus golfer mentality. nothing wrong/right with either.
terrell

Postby KiwiDan on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:48 am

[quote]conversely, i've had to erase a coupla comments concerning dan's insecurities

nothing personal t. just expressing how I have fun playing this game, no ignorance or insecurities here my freind. Maybe I should be a bit more conformative, but there again this is a forum, how boring would that be!

havnt yet figured out how to do these quote thingys...lol
KiwiDan

Postby terrell on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:58 am

KiwiDan wrote:nothing personal t. just expressing how I have fun playing this game, no ignorance or insecurities here my freind. Maybe I should be a bit more conformative, but there again this is a forum, how boring would that be!

ya just came off a bit defensive there, dan. i'm kinduva confrontational person by nature, in that, if someone has a beef, say it to my face, and we'll discuss it. pussyfooting around a grudge is just not my nature.

and i certainly don't require anyone to be conformative. this coming from the least conformative type person you'll ever meet. but if i have a differing viewpoint, i'm certainly not saying your viewpoint is wrong. this coming from the most diehard liberal you'll ever meet. (8
terrell

Postby KiwiDan on Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:03 am

ya just came off a bit defensive there, dan. i'm kinduva confrontational person by nature, in that, if someone has a beef, say it to my face, and we'll discuss it. pussyfooting around a grudge is just not my nature.

and i certainly don't require anyone to be conformative. this coming from the least conformative type person you'll ever meet. but if i have a differing viewpoint, i'm certainly not saying your viewpoint is wrong. this coming from the most diehard liberal you'll ever meet. (8

cool, no prob
KiwiDan

Next

Return to Talk About It