2nd round cut tour

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

2nd round cut tour

Postby Redskin on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:42 pm

Just wondering if you are gonna bring back the old 2nd round cut tour? They were sort of fun too. :)
Redskin

sort of...

Postby Justin_I on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:54 pm

They were sort of fun too.

"Sort of" are the key words.... missing the cut every week was a real blast! :oops:

That said I'd still take part!
Justin_I

Postby DennisHarris on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:29 am

I loved the Cut Tournament format. The Cut tournament was the closest in format to the PGA Tour and that really stoked my competitive fire. I also have to credit the cut tournament for giving me the desire to work hard to improve my game. Finally after years of work on my links game I can occasional make the cut. That is a real high for me..

Hope Mark brings the Cut tournament back to the LSPN Tour in the future.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:50 am

the former (access, microsoft, indiebuilt) tour second round cut format (lsch), was also governed by descrete time limits for each round. other than that, the event was conducted on pretty much the same venues as the plsas, and thus (as were the plsas) it was a continuing favorite of the best players on the site.

apropos of dennis' remarks, i myself worked hard on my game from '98 onward to make the top 70 and ties in the access pro lsch events, and with 300+ entries every week (in those old days), it took some work. a cut event is only significant if there is a relatively large starting field. lw

Postby Dr_Dave on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:12 am

It was fun waking up that morning turning on the old puter just to see if you made the cut :D
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby SE_BlackBeard on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:51 am

Yaye I remember wiggling the ol' mouse to get the pc out of hibernation, and having an excited smile om my face, but then the smile slowly turning to a frown in horror seeing my name cut. :cry:
SE_BlackBeard

Return to Talk About It