Coogans Bluff

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Coogans Bluff

Postby duffer123 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Just wondering if any one else had a problem on the 16 th hole.It was 145yds to the pin down hiill 22ft. hit the shot 135yds the balkl hit in front of pin a few feet, then it just took off and ended up 30 yds on a knoll above the green in the brush.Just wondering if any one else has ever had that happen
duffer123

Postby Westview on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:21 pm

I just played 1st round with mod/slow speed, and nothing like that happened at 16th hole.
3 more rounds to go though. If anything like that happens I'll let you know. 8)
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:35 pm

that shot would be classified as a "Wierd Shot" over at Eagle Mt. Golf offline tour.

http://www.eagleforce.net/emg/

EMGA Tour Rules QUOTE: "Weird Shot Rule: In the event of playing the tourney you have the misfortune to experience a “Weird Shot”: (Examples: The ball travels much further than would normally be possible. The ball finishes in what can be best described as a “Black Hole”. The ball behaves in a way, which is unrealistic) you have two choices:UNQUOTE

thanks for letting us know duffer123 >>>> i'll hit my approach long and try to spin it back hehe
:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby duffer123 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:43 pm

I should have put in that it was on my third rd. Every thing was fine first two,I'll see if it happens on fourth rd.
duffer123

Postby Westview on Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:13 am

Just played 2nd round, and nothing weird happened on that hole. Rolled within 10 feet of pin.
Will play 3rd round tomorrow, wonder what will happen? :shock:
BTW...It's the 15th par 3 hole, not par 4 16th.
Westview

Postby Westview on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:45 pm

Well I had some time to k i l l, so I just played the 3rd round now instead of tomorrow.
No weird problems on 15th hole, but the 18th hole par 5 was very weird. :shock:
I aimed for the center of the fairway, and hit the snap dead on. However, the ball travelled in a "straight" line about 20 yds to the left, right into the water.Image
I finished the hole with a double bogie.Image

Maybe something is flawed with this course, anyone else have problems?

Edit: I can't believe the word "k i l l" is censored lol
Westview

Postby duffer123 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:46 pm

i played rd. 4 and had no problems.I agree with you,there must be a flaw in the course
duffer123

Re: Coogans Bluff

Postby canuck on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:03 pm

duffer123 wrote:Just wondering if any one else had a problem on the 16 th hole.It was 145yds to the pin down hiill 22ft. hit the shot 135yds the balkl hit in front of pin a few feet, then it just took off and ended up 30 yds on a knoll above the green in the brush.Just wondering if any one else has ever had that happen

What you described might be , that the ball went str8 into the hole then bounced out the 30yds.
this has happened before in links2003. a few other players can verify this.

Everytime this happens the ball ends up about 30yds from the hole.

did you save the shot?
chris
canuck

Postby LarryKnecht on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:53 pm

Duffer: I have had this happen many times in Links 2003 and I do not believe it is course specific. I believe you hit the edge of the cup on the fly. The ball then bounces 25-30 yards every time. It's very frustrating, but it happens.

Westview: I have found that when you move on the tee after you have aimed, the ball does not travel on the line you aimed. If you move on the tee, you have to re-aim your shot or else it will travel off line.
LarryK
LarryKnecht

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:48 pm

LarryKnecht wrote:I have found that when you move on the tee after you have aimed, the ball does not travel on the line you aimed. If you move on the tee, you have to re-aim your shot or else it will travel off line.

and i have also found out Larry that if you choose a 3Wood on a par 4 or 5 tee and you move left or right on the tee and immediately start yer swing WITHOUT LOOKING :roll: , you are automatically presented with a Driver Straight on redraw. Too late, the ball is on its way with that driver :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Return to Talk About It