Newbee here

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Newbee here

Postby faymondo on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Can anyone point me in the direction to get some free extra courses and also whats the best way to purchase downloads.

Thanks
faymondo

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:24 pm

http://linkscorner.org/courses/index.php

and

http://linkscountryclub.com/

are the two best places to pick up courses. i've had to repurchase several courses several times for various reasons, and ebay is a very cost effective way to add to your collection. but i like to support the sites that support links. (8
terrell

Postby faymondo on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:24 pm

I have just D/L 4 free courses.

Anybody any advice which ones I should pay for first ?

I am playing amateur at the moment so can anybody also advise on what tournaments or tours to play ?

Thanks for any replies.
faymondo

Postby DennisHarris on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:47 pm

Faymondo,

Play the LSPN Official Events like the PLSA and your flight tournament for sure. Then if time permits play some of the arcade events.

Course's you pay for is totally up to you.

First and foremost I'd get all the free course's from Links Corner that are award winners. (Thats All of the free - LC Gold - LC Recommended and - Players Choice) course's downloaded first. Thats a great baseline to begin with. Then: If it was me I'd get all of the Access/Microsoft p2p course's, then obtain the p2p APCD course's next.

Remember you can not have too many course's.
Last edited by DennisHarris on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Dr_Dave on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:02 pm

Good reply Dennis, very informative. Now let me see you take a stab at the $$$ that would cost. :wink:
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby DennisHarris on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:08 pm

Dr_Dave wrote:Good reply Dennis, very informative. Now let me see you take a stab at the $$$ that would cost. :wink:

Ok Dave 133 access/microsoft courses times 3.99. would be 590.00 and change. I didn't suggest buying them all at one time. :idea: I just recommended getting all the microsoft/access courses first then go from there. :P :lol: :D

Also In my defense I suggested to Raymundo: First and foremost I'd get all the free course's from Links Corner that are award winners. (Thats All of the free - LC Gold - LC Recommended and - Players Choice) course's downloaded first. Thats a great baseline to begin with.

So there Dave. :P I took a stab at it! :lol:
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby gibby on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:15 pm

faymondo wrote:I have just D/L 4 free courses.

Anybody any advice which ones I should pay for first ?

I am playing amateur at the moment so can anybody also advise on what tournaments or tours to play ?

Thanks for any replies.

Best bet, when you find a event and you like the conditions and if it's a pay course go for it, just keep in mind when you go to purchase, take a look and see if you get a discount for multiple purchases.
Sometimes 1 course can be $6.99 buy 3 or more 4.99 6 or more 3.99 just chose wisely and enjoy.
gibby

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:40 pm

here, i avoid the P2P courses like the plague >>>>> ima skinflint and broke too LMAO

:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Dr_Dave on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:10 pm

DennisHarris wrote:
Dr_Dave wrote:Good reply Dennis, very informative. Now let me see you take a stab at the $$$ that would cost. :wink:

Ok Dave 133 access/microsoft courses times 3.99. would be 590.00 and change. I didn't suggest buying them all at one time. :idea: I just recommended getting all the microsoft/access courses first then go from there. :P :lol: :D

Also In my defense I suggested to Raymundo: First and foremost I'd get all the free course's from Links Corner that are award winners. (Thats All of the free - LC Gold - LC Recommended and - Players Choice) course's downloaded first. Thats a great baseline to begin with.

Nothing need be said in your defense pard, like I said, I thought it was good info. Got me thinking of how much did I pay for the darn courses. I know we would have all been lost without Links Corner. What a journey we've been on. :)
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:35 pm

Dr_Dave wrote:
DennisHarris wrote:

Nothing need be said in your defense pard, like I said, I thought it was good info. Got me thinking of how much did I pay for the darn courses. I know we would have all been lost without Links Corner. What a journey we've been on. :)

Looks like the biggest journey is still to come....336 registered users online on the morning of the 2nd.....I wasn't one of them :cry:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby canuck on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:51 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
Dr_Dave wrote:
DennisHarris wrote:

Looks like the biggest journey is still to come....336 registered users online on the morning of the 2nd.....I wasn't one of them :cry:

Lama and all his friends musta been here
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
canuck

Postby HammaH on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:57 pm

He has friends?
HammaH

Postby jeff1955 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Hey Faymondo, there are literally many hundreds of courses out there - the huge majority are free downloads accessed at Links Corner.

At the top of the 'Talk About It' room on this forum there is a 'sticky' list of LSPN courses (those which are available for us to make our own tournaments in the arcade section of the Tour). You can get this list here;

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Click on the big red LSPN courses link.

There are some of the very best courses in this list and you would'nt be going far wrong in downloading and installing all of them (however some ARE pay to play (P2P)).

Jeff
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes" - Roy Batty
jeff1955

Postby Dr_Dave on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:19 am

Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby terrell on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:44 am

and might i reiterate, just in case, if you purchase game/courses from links corner or linkscountryclub, links corner and mark receive a portion (however minoot (sic), i almost got stationed there in the air force).
terrell

Next

Return to Talk About It