Congressional a no go

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Congressional a no go

Postby Footwedge on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:22 am

Does anybody know what disk congressional 99 is on. I have them all but cant seem to find this 1. I have congressional country club but when I tried to enter tourney it says not a compatible course found and lists congressional c.c. 99 and congressional c.c. Dunno why it wont let me enter since I have the latter. Thx.
Footwedge

Postby lstouradmin on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:20 am

How many others are seeing this problem?

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby DennisHarris on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:37 am

Mark I had the same problem.

I solved my problem by deleting the congressional crz file I had on my computer. I then copied the crx file I had on disk to my computer and used the individual course converter file to convert the congressional crx file to a crz file. I installed the new crz file in my links course's folder and all was fine. Played the 1st round of the pro plsa.

The Congressional Course can be purchased here (3.99) (If anyone needs it) and the individual converter file is also located here to: http://www.linkscountryclub.com/
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Matrix on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:12 am

there was 2 versions of congrssional country club, one is congres.crz and the one needed for this week is Bcongres.crz. I had no problem playing with just the Bcongres loaded.
Matrix

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:44 am

darn, dennis. i wish i had talked to you first. i had congress.crz, but for some strange, unexplainable reason, i couldn't find bcongres.crz (congressional 99). so i purchased it from links corner, which isn't a bad thing anyway to support the sites that support links.
terrell

Postby DennisHarris on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:31 pm

Terrell,

I just got lucky because I have both congress.crx and Bcongress.crx. I guess I picked the right crx to convert because I paid no attention to the versions when I did so. Go Figure. LMAO

Something is odd thought because links said I didn't have a compatible course for round 1 and it cited two different course's "congressional country club" or "congressional country club99". So the links game says it is looking for either version of the course which obviously isn't true because I had one version of the course on my computer. I now know I need to have both versions loaded on my pc to be safe.

Has there been more than two releases of congressional? I only thought two releases of congressional was made.

3.99 is cheap ...... I paid 20.00 for congressional on E-Bay back in 2000 or 2001. They sent the course's on a CD Disc and not the original discs either. Seems as I recall I created a forum brew ha ha over copywrite issues when I said I didn't receive the original disk's.
Last edited by DennisHarris on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:32 pm

per crissy and armand's list, congress.crz and bcongres.crz are it. my guess is though the game says it accepts 2 versions, the tournament is only set up to accept bcongres.crz (congressional 99).

i have no delusions there are unscrupulous types that copy/sell original access software/microsoft courses to resell them on ebay. not exactly sure what i would do in that situation.
terrell

Postby duffer123 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:35 pm

I'm not having any trouble with Congressional C.C.,I bought it a while back from L C.When you buy a M.S course they send all versions so I leave them all in the course file
duffer123

Postby BruceWallace on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:35 pm

terrell wrote:per crissy and armand's list, congress.crz and bcongres.crz are it. my guess is though the game says it accepts 2 versions, the tournament is only set up to accept bcongres.crz (congressional 99).

i have no delusions there are unscrupulous types that copy/sell original access software/microsoft courses to resell them on ebay. not exactly sure what i would do in that situation.

I have both versions on my computer, and when I played the tournament, Links picked the older course, not the 99 course. Strange.
BruceWallace

Postby RR_JimBowie on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:39 pm

I have had this problem a couple times. It says I don't have a compatible course but I know I do because I have all 133 MS/LS courses. What I did was go into the course manager and put a check next to the course in question, and clicked "add". It tells you that a course of that name already exists and do you want to replace it, to which I replied "yes" and voila... the tour then recognized the course and I was able to play. I don't know if this is a positive fix for everyone experiencing this problem but it's worth a try before you go out and re-purchase a course you already have.
RR_JimBowie

I hqve only Congress.crz and it worked fine.

Postby HeavySwinger on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 pm

I would try JimBowie's suggestion above if you have any trouble.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby ErnieB on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:04 am

BruceWallace wrote:
terrell wrote:per crissy and armand's list, congress.crz and bcongres.crz are it. my guess is though the game says it accepts 2 versions, the tournament is only set up to accept bcongres.crz (congressional 99).

I have both versions on my computer, and when I played the tournament, Links picked the older course, not the 99 course. Strange.

This also was the case when I played round 1.
ErnieB

Postby Vins007 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:27 am

???????
Last edited by Vins007 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vins007

Re: I hqve only Congress.crz and it worked fine.

Postby gibby on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:30 am

HeavySwinger wrote:I would try JimBowie's suggestion above if you have any trouble.

No problems also,except playing of course
gibby

Postby terrell on Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:09 am

Vins007 wrote:I mean it's obvious Microsoft don't care about Links anymore.

ok, i tried to lay off when i read this, but i just can't. WHAT makes software licensing so baffling to folks? WHY is it so hard to understand? HOW is it possible peeps still think microsoft has anything to do with links, and should care? and WHERE is it written since microsoft doesn't have anything to do with links anymore, that suddenly software licensing rules are thrown out the window? i'm not the brightest guy on the planet, but the whole concept seems excruciatingly simple to me.

SOMEONE still owns the rights to links and the access software/microsoft courses. regnow is marketing them for links corner and linkscountryclub, where links corner and mark get a cut (however miniscule) of purchases. so it's pretty obvious there's some legal mumbo jumbo still associated with the game. even if you don't comprehend the concept of software licensing, it seems just rubbing two brain cells together would enable you to understand you can't just post someone else's intellectual property for free?

edit: i type about 70 wpm normally. but i think i was pushing 90 on that one. apologies to everyone that's read this rant dozens of times. but i'm with you, it's absolutely amazing the subject keeps coming up.
terrell

Next

Return to Talk About It