flights

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

flights

Postby gibby on Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:18 pm

Has anybody else looked at how close ammy flight are?
A flights top dog is -19.56 high to a low 18.08 with scoring of -82 to -65
B flights -17.94 high -15.94 low w/scoring -71 to -66
C flights 15.92-14.50 scoring -73 to -47
D flights 14.25-12.62 scoring -68 to -58
E flights 12.50-10.56 scoring -63 to --47
and so on down the flights

With the difference being between .25-.50% It would't take much to drop a flight or 2 between being low to being ranked high in your flight.
This brings up a idea that I think should be run by Mark about updating on a daily basis instead of weekly.
The 1 issuse that would be a problem is time zones, but if Mark put it in that at 12:00 pst all scores regardless would count toward that days update it could cut down on issues about handicap events or scoring issuses
We all could find out very easily what our time zone end time is and any rd finnished after, would go into next days update(except flights, can't change flights while playing)
Play all 4 rds, guess what update end of day, wait and play hard or easy,guess what update.
I like the closenest that the new flights bring in, makes for a whole lot more tighter play (mess-up go down, shoot great go up) and the only way for that to happen is daily updates, not weekly.
I would refer to Mark on this since adjusting scoring on a daily basis would or could be a nightmare, but all scoring would be up-to-date if in only handicap events, other than that it's all straight up against each other.
So after having a few brews and reading this, I'm going to get a few more and see what response I get tommorrow morning (EST)
Happy 4th of July and enjoy the holiday, gibby
gibby

Postby Harpo on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:23 pm

The flight tournaments run from week to week so there would be no need to update the rankings on a day by day bases. The rankings mean nothing other than to make the flights.
Jim
Harpo

Re: flights

Postby gibby on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:57 pm

That's what i said, except update daily for all others
And rankings mean who's 1st thru whatever, what do you mean rankings mean nothing????
gibby

Return to Talk About It